Brown White Scrimmage

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
TMH

Brown White Scrimmage

Post by TMH » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:19 pm

Is anyone else planning to attend this annual event?

Although this has not always been a predictor of future outcomes, is there anything in particular I should be looking for?

The problem with intra-squad scrimmages is if one side looks good, the other side by proxy looks bad :-)

RichH

Re: Brown White Scrimmage

Post by RichH » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:34 pm

Specially I would focus on OL. Does Jablonski play? Where?

BTW. Henrich was on campus to watch a morning practice per staff's invitation
LUopa

Post by LUopa » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:14 am

Based on the 3 transfers of along the LOS, reported injuries this spring, and the last 3 years on injuries during those hard hitting old school padded practices...depth will be a concern on both sides of the ball. See us starting season in 3-4 on defensive side. We have an outstanding grad school...could the portal help the depth?
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:01 pm

Not sure how PL will treat Covid yr extension under PL By_Laws requiring undergraduate status. Don't think PL allows grad transfer into PL to play.
TMH

Post by TMH » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:19 pm

Just returned from the Brown and White scrimmage. I'm sure Chuck took copious notes so I await his analysis. I forgot my pen.

What we lacked in size (only about 50 or so suited up), the team seemed to make up in spirit. Unfortunately, it may have led to another injury on the OL (Jackson Wiles) who walked off but limping and an ejection.

Ntably the offense looked pretty good. The Lehigh side of the field was for the offense and I didn't see #55 anywhere if that is still Jablonki's #. Dante Perri is going to be really good for the same reasons he looked good last year. He can buy time rolling out. He uses that time to go through his progressions and throws a tight spiral that is accurate while on the move. Williams and Burbage had some nice catches and seemed to get some separation. Zathan Hill appears to be the starter and broke at least one really nice run. DiPietro will also get a bunch of snaps. Garcia was there but not in pads.

The OL had some breakdowns but also some very good moments. They need consistency but there were several combinations they seemed to be experimenting with.

On defense, Sibblis was a disruptive force. Didn't notice much else that stuck in my mind. Damn pen. :-)

The kicking game looked pretty good. Reinhard surprised a lot of us there hitting several 50+ Fgs and coming up just short on a 62 yarder. His role in large part will depend on consistency but he provides a big leg option on kick offs and long FG attempts.
Van Dusen, Banks-Alteruse and Reinhard shared the punting with Duffy not in pads. None really stood out to me as great or bad. There can be quite a competition there with 2 more guys coming in fall.

That's all I got for now.
lufan1987

Post by lufan1987 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:05 pm

I believe that I saw Jablonski on the sideline in a grey long sleeve shirt. I will note that he was on the offensive sideline. I imagine that he wasn’t dressed due to injury.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:41 pm

Thanks so much guys. Great to get a sense of the team

Chuck couldn't make it today. On college tours with his son.
TMH

Post by TMH » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:23 pm

Thanks for the info.

There was a running back that got in rather late in the scrimmage who appeared to be Jean/Pugh like in stature but moved really well and broke a couple of tackles. He was #31 which is Duffy's number but it was him.

Also, new name on the roster, Brent Rosendorf, WR (walked on this spring)

a QB in HS, dealt with a bunch of injuries.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:31 pm

This TMH.

Well a mystery. RB. :D Possible DB switch?
A bit surprised that we only had only about 50 able to suit up out of 70.
Now back to lax and our "only if" team.