Richmond

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Sundayamqb

Re: Richmond

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:57 pm

LUEngineer wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:18 am At this point our only salvation would be to challenge for the PL title.

We do have 3 really good Running Backs but not using them enough as all are really good athletes IMO!!
+1 on top point. At this stage, a win over Lafayette might be the salvation, not that a PL title wouldn't be great.

On bottom point, we have had some amazing athletes at RB since the best LU RB ever left. I don't think the OC has found a way to take advantage of them. Nor do I think it's in anyone's best interest to rotate the three around like they do (and did at HC under Gilmore).

Play the best guy. ... until he needs out. The rotations have not worked.

RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:49 pm

Sundayamqb wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:57 pm
LUEngineer wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:18 am At this point our only salvation would be to challenge for the PL title.

We do have 3 really good Running Backs but not using them enough as all are really good athletes IMO!!
+1 on top point. At this stage, a win over Lafayette might be the salvation, not that a PL title wouldn't be great.

On bottom point, we have had some amazing athletes at RB since the best LU RB ever left. I don't think the OC has found a way to take advantage of them. Nor do I think it's in anyone's best interest to rotate the three around like they do (and did at HC under Gilmore).

Play the best guy. ... until he needs out. The rotations have not worked.
+1
RB rotations can be useful where you have different types of backs. Here. Garcia who runs thru tackles
DiPietro who slides around them and
Hill who runs past them.. But,they are all inside RBs. Not much sense in rotating. Run the hot back. If we had a speed burner as a change of pace ,subbing would make sense.
Still pu,zled why we shunned the run early in the game in favor of a non productive short pass game.
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:14 pm

Agree about rotating the backs. Some other problems I see:

1. We have one of the best tight ends in the league and never throw to him. He is a big strong guy with decent speed and good hands. He could be a difference maker.
2. Our corner backs consistently line up 10 yards off the opposing receiver. Not sure how you can effectively cover someone that way. Our pass defense has been a sieve in each of the 3 games, and will continue to be so, unless we tighten up the coverage.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:56 am

Very few Jimmys and very few Joes
Washed up failing coach
Slow slow slow

Bottom of the barrel FCS football
IPSY1975

Post by IPSY1975 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:14 am

Mountain Hawk wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:56 am Very few Jimmys and very few Joes
Washed up failing coach
Slow slow slow

Bottom of the barrel FCS football
Lol that reminds me of Lou Holtz when he was at W&M

"More Mary's than Williams"

And of course that is no disrespect to woman's sports today who can be as competitive as men's

The only thing that counts is results...Joe S was a decent AD and great player. But he made a very bad decision getting TG to continue a winning football tradition

Lehigh barely gets by GTown ..and has murderers row set up with HC Fordham and Colgate

I am meeting my son at the Princeton game next weekend ...looking forward to a great Lunch and a few beers ( notice I didn't mention Lehigh football smh)