Princeton

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
DF2002

Re: Princeton

Post by DF2002 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:56 pm

mookie wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:50 am So now Stambaugh is the flavor of the month? I thought Cecchini was the man? Such small-time thinking.
Ssssshhhhh…. The adults are talking.

lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:01 am

Funny that the supposed adults have given up on the team while the actual team hasn't lost in Patriot League play. Maybe we shouldn't be looking to the so-called adults for opinions and ask the guys actually suiting up what they think. The only silver lining is that the kids can look to shut up their so-called "fans" by winning. Why not see if they do exactly that?
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:50 am

lfnadmin wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:01 am Funny that the supposed adults have given up on the team while the actual team hasn't lost in Patriot League play. Maybe we shouldn't be looking to the so-called adults for opinions and ask the guys actually suiting up what they think. The only silver lining is that the kids can look to shut up their so-called "fans" by winning. Why not see if they do exactly that?
The data speaks for itself. I don’t need the athletes to interpret it for me. This isn’t the first season under Gilmore either so we do have past data to consider. That speaks for itself regardless of how some want to view through a rose colored lens.

Yes, the team still has opportunities to win and perhaps they will. But there isn’t any real indication that this is remotely likely.

And yes, we are fans and as such we want these student athletes to have the best possible experience on and off the field. Many of us just don’t think Gilmore can give that to them.

All this to say that I think you’re misreading our criticism. It’s not directed at the players. Not remotely. I think nearly everyone agrees the primary issue is the coaching even if we disagree on how to fix that problem.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:07 am

DF2002 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:50 am
lfnadmin wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:01 am Funny that the supposed adults have given up on the team while the actual team hasn't lost in Patriot League play. Maybe we shouldn't be looking to the so-called adults for opinions and ask the guys actually suiting up what they think. The only silver lining is that the kids can look to shut up their so-called "fans" by winning. Why not see if they do exactly that?
The data speaks for itself. I don’t need the athletes to interpret it for me. This isn’t the first season under Gilmore either so we do have past data to consider. That speaks for itself regardless of how some want to view through a rose colored lens.

Yes, the team still has opportunities to win and perhaps they will. But there isn’t any real indication that this is remotely likely.

And yes, we are fans and as such we want these student athletes to have the best possible experience on and off the field. Many of us just don’t think Gilmore can give that to them.

All this to say that I think you’re misreading our criticism. It’s not directed at the players. Not remotely. I think nearly everyone agrees the primary issue is the coaching even if we disagree on how to fix that problem.
Well said!

LFN continues to look for things that are simply not there then passes judgement as if they are fact. It's how he approaches his coverage of Lehigh for CSJ which is why his interpretations are generally extremely flawed and way off base thus has no real credibility. He will try to paint Lehigh in the best possible light irregardless of what the data/information suggests. While at the time trying to apply censorship when people apply evidence based rationale and logic which goes against a narrative he is trying to push.

Is he taking orders (suggestions) from Steve Lomangino? Gilmore? Sterrett?

I would attend another Lehigh game this year just to have a quality dialogue with Chuck about Lehigh football and beyond! Let me know Chuck! Check your PM box!
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:26 am

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:07 am

Well said!

LFN continues to look for things that are simply not there then passes judgement as if they are fact. It's how he approaches his coverage of Lehigh for CSJ which is why his interpretations are generally extremely flawed and way off base thus has no real credibility. He will try to paint Lehigh in the best possible light irregardless of what the data/information suggests. While at the time trying to apply censorship when people try to apply rationale and logic which goes against a narrative he is trying to push.

Is he taking orders (suggestions) from Steven Lamenngino? Gilmore? Sterrett?

I would attend another Lehigh game this year just to have a quality dialogue with Chuck about Lehigh football and beyond! Let me know Chuck!

Interesting context….

People can try to paint a happy picture all they want. Everyone else can see what’s painfully obvious and neither the athlete’s feelings or an attempt to explain away the failure is likely to convince anyone. The stats are what they are and both the athletes and fans deserve better.

And if they are asked, I’m sure the athletes would agree that winning more games is better.

#GilmoreMustGo
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:03 am

Well said!

LFN continues to look for things that are simply not there then passes judgement as if they are fact. It's how he approaches his coverage of Lehigh for CSJ which is why his interpretations are generally extremely flawed and way off base thus has no real credibility. He will try to paint Lehigh in the best possible light irregardless of what the data/information suggests. While at the time trying to apply censorship when people apply evidence based rationale and logic which goes against a narrative he is trying to push.

I would attend another Lehigh game this year just to have a quality dialogue with Chuck about Lehigh football and beyond! Let me know Chuck! Check your PM box!
Holy crap owl. What the hell? Agree,disagree.Rebut opinions. We all have the right to our opinions even you and Chuck. That does not give you the right to trash the man''s integrity simply because he looks for positives amidst the ongoing frustration with Gilmore and LU football..The pitchfork fans are amply represented here.
Yet because he won't join the chorus,you surmise that he is simply a stooge for the people in Lehigh football.
That you see no sense in his viewpoint is clear. To attribute that to lack of integrity, is way off base. There's indeed to resort to insults to make your point.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:05 pm

Next thing you know - we'll be applying "Cancel Culture" mentality. for dissenting opinions.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:50 pm

RichH wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:03 am

Well said!

Holy crap owl. What the hell? Agree,disagree.Rebut opinions. We all have the right to our opinions even you and Chuck. That does not give you the right to trash the man''s integrity simply because he looks for positives amidst the ongoing frustration with Gilmore and LU football..The pitchfork fans are amply represented here.
Yet because he won't join the chorus,you surmise that he is simply a stooge for the people in Lehigh football.
That you see no sense in his viewpoint is clear. To attribute that to lack of integrity, is way off base. There's indeed to resort to insults to make your point.
Rich I did not result to insults or anything of the like! I simply took exception to Chuck trying to push a narrative that posters on here are attacking the scholar-athletes, or at a minimum "disrespecting them". That is an absolute fallacy based on clear evidence! Just like Tom Gilmore's incompetence as a coach is apparent when studying the data.

I respect Chuck's time spent covering Lehigh but that does not mean I agree with how he goes about his work. He pushes an agenda regardless of facts as a journalist then threatens censorship for those who voice their frustration of Gilmore. He also CLEARLY implied those who are voicing their angst are the "children in the room" since the adults are believing in the players by posting this, "Funny that the supposed adults have given up on the team while the actual team hasn't lost in Patriot League play.". I don't roll with that. Is that questioning a man's integrity? No! That's simply questioning his agenda within the realm of sports journalism. I believe those criticisms have long been accepted since the early days of print media. My guess is that someone disagreed with Grantland Rice. And justifiably so....

Once again, the scholar-athletes who comprise the football program deserve a better coach! They have my full support now and always!
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:55 am

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:50 pm
RichH wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:03 am

Well said!

Rich I did not result to insults or anything of the like! I simply took exception to Chuck trying to push a narrative that posters on here are attacking the scholar-athletes, or at a minimum "disrespecting them". That is an absolute fallacy based on clear evidence! Just like Tom Gilmore's incompetence as a coach is apparent when studying the data.

I respect Chuck's time spent covering Lehigh but that does not mean I agree with how he goes about his work. He pushes an agenda regardless of facts as a journalist then threatens censorship for those who voice their frustration of Gilmore. He also CLEARLY implied those who are voicing their angst are the "children in the room" since the adults are believing in the players by posting this, "Funny that the supposed adults have given up on the team while the actual team hasn't lost in Patriot League play.". I don't roll with that. Is that questioning a man's integrity? No! That's simply questioning his agenda within the realm of sports journalism. I believe those criticisms have long been accepted since the early days of print media. My guess is that someone disagreed with Grantland Rice. And justifiably so....

Once again, the scholar-athletes who comprise the football program deserve a better coach! They have my full support now and always!
++++++1

Well said Owl.