Saving Gillmore's Job

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Richb-3

Saving Gillmore's Job

Post by Richb-3 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:19 am

What should it take?

Good, Beat Buck, Laf, and HC or Gate

Better, Beat Buck, Laf, HC, and Gate

Best Also Ford losing so we can call ourselves Conferenc champs

What will it take, sadly.

Bad, Beat Buck and Laf,

Worse Beat Buck or Laf

Worst. Nothing, (but still here )

Local82

Re: Saving Gillmore's Job

Post by Local82 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:06 pm

Yeah, but why?
If he’s not out by Monday, put Moravian on the schedule.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:20 pm

Lehigh is not going to fire a head coach, mid season unless he is accused of a felony.
Although they could tell him, and maybe even publicly announce, that his contract will not be renewed.
Local82

Post by Local82 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:36 pm

Holy Cross did it.
Lehigh can too.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:11 pm

written Sat a.m.>>> Beat Buck, Laf, HC, and Gate
>>>Best: Also Ford losing, so we can call ourselves Conferenc champs

... Even though it was mathematically possible entering Sat, I somehow find this statement offensive to the character & quality (such as it is) of the PL. It's tough enough to be struggling like we are. I'm no expert but I watched every play Sat and actually thought both teams had 12 penalties, as we did. Tough to watch
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:30 pm

>>>Lehigh is not going to fire a head coach, mid season unless he is accused of a felony.

... Hank Small was never accused of a felony.
... Although he wasn't let go in-season, he was severed after a 1st place 7-4 season in '93 and 75-38-2 career LU mark
... To confirm how dramatic the difference is today, his 8-yr conf W/L was 20-17
Local82

Post by Local82 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:29 pm

The potentially libelous post was followed by a fake or weak supposed “report” from the same person that was deleted shortly after it was posted.
It purported to be a response from a Lehigh police officer about a hazing complaint. No proof of anything. Not even a report of an investigation. Just a generic response, possibly fake.
Then deleted.
Anonymity does not grant the right to libel and slander.
Contemptible.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:01 pm

:lol:

Back to law school for you Local.

DM me privately and I will provide you with all of the facts you are seeking. My post was to simply state that this allegation exists and if true, action should be taken.

YOU are now attacking me with accusations of a fake report, completely inappropriate. You think I care enough about Lehigh Football to do such a thing??? Get a life my man.

Call the detective tomorrow and ask for yourself. Then, come back on here and apologize.

Signing off. Good luck with your staff and football program.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:03 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:20 pm Lehigh is not going to fire a head coach, mid season unless he is accused of a felony.
Although they could tell him, and maybe even publicly announce, that his contract will not be renewed.
Does anyone know the length of he contract? Under the unusual circumstances of the hiring and what was being expected, I would be surprised if the contract was less than five years. Which means buying out the remainder. Who is ponying up for the fund? The big 'football factories' have clubs that raise those types of funds all the time. I don't see Lehigh terminating and paying such a severance. There is also the question of whether the problem is more one of offensive coordination. Overall, I think the defense has improved over the past few years with Coach Kurshurba as coordinator. Yes, there have been breakdowns, but I think the past three years have shown improvement. The same cannot be said about the offense.

In defense of Joe, the hiring of Gilmore certainly appears to be a mistake at this point. However, under the circumstances at the time, bringing in someone very familiar with the school, and its culture, as well as familiarity with the PL and the type of students we recruit; ; as well a likely glowing endorsements from the Wake Forest crew, as well as Gilmore's known love of his first time at Lehigh; I can see why it occurred. Was enough independent background study as to why the termination occurred at HC? We do not know.
The AD at a place like Lehigh has a lot on their plate. And, while football is one of the "face sports" of the University, it is one of 26. Lehigh's total athletics program, for a school of its size and academic reputation is one of the best in the U.S. The facilities rival the best in the country. Considering the scope of the job, I think Joe has done an excellent job over the past 30 years. Having been a football player during Lehigh's "hay day", as well as a coach in the program; he certainly has the interests of the program at heart.

So, I agree that at this point in time, that Gilmore's hiring appears to be a mistake; but, to casually throw derogatory and insulting comments at someone who has spent a great portion of his life in building up an exemplary athletic program at a prestigious school says more about the those throwing stones than the victim.
It is apparent we have a problem. The question is how to stop wasting energy building harmful and detrimental comments, but exploring how this unfruitful relationship can be placed into the past so we can move forward?
Hawkineer

Post by Hawkineer » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:44 am

ngineer wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:03 pm
Richb-3 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:20 pm Lehigh is not going to fire a head coach, mid season unless he is accused of a felony.
The AD at a place like Lehigh has a lot on their plate. And, while football is one of the "face sports" of the University, it is one of 26. Lehigh's total athletics program, for a school of its size and academic reputation is one of the best in the U.S. The facilities rival the best in the country. Considering the scope of the job, I think Joe has done an excellent job over the past 30 years. Having been a football player during Lehigh's "hay day", as well as a coach in the program; he certainly has the interests of the program at heart.

So, I agree that at this point in time, that Gilmore's hiring appears to be a mistake; but, to casually throw derogatory and insulting comments at someone who has spent a great portion of his life in building up an exemplary athletic program at a prestigious school says more about the those throwing stones than the victim.
It is apparent we have a problem. The question is how to stop wasting energy building harmful and detrimental comments, but exploring how this unfruitful relationship can be placed into the past so we can move forward?
"I agree that at this point in time, that Gilmore's hiring appears to be a mistake" :o :o

"Lehigh's total athletics program, for a school of its size and academic reputation is one of the best in the U.S." "The facilities rival the best in the country." "an exemplary athletic program"
Based on what? By what metric is Lehigh's current athletic program one of the best in the U.S. or exemplary? By what standard do Lehigh's facilities rival the best in the country? Exemplary - deserving imitation because of excellence, serving as a desirable model; representing the best of its kind. Really, an exemplary athletic program? :? Hyperbole!

Even as an alum, I can be objective regarding the state of the athletic program and the the University as a whole and not look at either through rose colored glasses. While I can appreciate Sterrett's dedication and service to the University, I can also hold him responsible for the hiring of Gilmore and its disastrous affect on the football program that had an "exemplary" reputation as being "one of the best in the U.S." "for a school of its size and academic reputation". The only thing that really matters now is whether or not he is willing to fix the mess (which we can all agree that he has had a hand in creating) that is is the football program before he moves on to the next phase of his life or leave it to someone else to clean up.