LFN: Lehigh's Loss to Bucknell Last Weekend Should Cause An Earthquake In Bethlehem

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
News
Site Admin

LFN: Lehigh's Loss to Bucknell Last Weekend Should Cause An Earthquake In Bethlehem

Post by News » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:51 am

Bryce Harper's Home Run Caused An Earthquake In Philadelphia. Lehigh's Loss to Bucknell Last Weekend Should Cause One In Bethlehem.

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.c ... aused.html

There's an opposite side to each glorious moment, a deep-seated low point as another fan base gets the tremendous high of victory.

As the biggest Lehigh football fan you probably know, it feels like I've been living the polar opposite of that Bryce Harper home run now for the latter part of five years.

The last five minutes of last weekend's excruciating 19-17 loss to Bucknell seems to embody that.

ngineer

Re: LFN: Lehigh's Loss to Bucknell Last Weekend Should Cause An Earthquake In Bethlehem

Post by ngineer » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:17 pm

Having difficulty seeing/locating entire article. Not sure why so difficult to get rid of interfering ads. Interest to hear what LFN’s proposed fix is…
LUFAN

Re: LFN: Lehigh's Loss to Bucknell Last Weekend Should Cause An Earthquake In Bethlehem

Post by LUFAN » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:10 pm

News wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:51 am Bryce Harper's Home Run Caused An Earthquake In Philadelphia. Lehigh's Loss to Bucknell Last Weekend Should Cause One In Bethlehem.

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.c ... aused.html

There's an opposite side to each glorious moment, a deep-seated low point as another fan base gets the tremendous high of victory.

As the biggest Lehigh football fan you probably know, it feels like I've been living the polar opposite of that Bryce Harper home run now for the latter part of five years.

The last five minutes of last weekend's excruciating 19-17 loss to Bucknell seems to embody that.

Welcome aboard admin! Well said!
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:36 am

It ends with this:

There are people here in the program right now that can bring this program back to the lofty expectations of 2016. I know this. It is what I, and I suspect everyone involved with the program at the ground level, truly wants.

But it involves doing something different. What's happening on the field now is clearly not working.

Until that registers on the Richter scale with people that matter, I'm expecting a Lehigh football team that snatches defeat from the jaws of victory - if victory is in reach. And I'm just reflecting the expectations that have been set, and have been set for quite some time. The sooner everyone sees that, the sooner it changes.

It will take a whole lot of people - starting next weekend against Holy Cross - to change where the program is now. Including me.