What's next ???

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Richb-3

Re: What's next ???

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:27 pm

Wrestling formed a committee to replace Tom Hutchinson. I am sure Mike Caruso and at least one Lieberman were on the committee. And of course you would want some guys not All-Americans.

But that committee knew it had a lot of time, as administration was sure that 1994-95 would be a winning season, but Hutch chose to let his assistant Bob Latessa take over. (assisted by Pat Santoro and Thad Turner.

That is why there should have been a committee for football in 2018, when coaches and administrators knew it would be Coach Coen's last.

RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:25 am

What are the odds LU hires a search firm?
Hawktalker

Post by Hawktalker » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:45 pm

That costs money so I would doubt Lehigh goes that route. I hope that whatever committee is put together is actually listened to. A committee where one member is the only vote that counts doesn't work.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:12 pm

With the decision made Monday, I would suspect Joe has had a "working list" for several weeks. I agree on not having a 'head hunting' firm involved. A lot of coaches have been given their pink slips as well as some leaving voluntarily from some schools within the past two weeks. Also some 'rising stars' who may still be coaching due to playoffs, so contact would have to wait.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:34 pm

The formula seems pretty simple. Kevin Higgins was 38 when he got this job, and had been a top assistant at comparable FCS (1-AA) schools. And this was his first big job, Young guy, lots of experience as a top assistant at successful programs. To me that’s the formula. Experienced but young, and well respected at several stops. And as luck would have it, Higgins was already here. We don’t have that situation now….. So ancient Joe is gonna have to earn his keep on this one……