Dan Hunt OC

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Lehigh74

Re: Dan Hunt OC

Post by Lehigh74 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:55 am

I have a good friend who is a Colgate Alumnus and avid football fan. He thinks hiring Hunt is an excellent choice. He likens it to Biddle bringing back Dunlap as offensive coordinator when he first became head coach.

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:17 am

Lehigh74 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:55 am I have a good friend who is a Colgate Alumnus and avid football fan. He thinks hiring Hunt is an excellent choice. He likens it to Biddle bringing back Dunlap as offensive coordinator when he first became head coach.
Dunlap also had 20 years of head coaching experience at two different institutions and served as the Colgate AD from 1987-92. Dunlap brought administrative clout/pull that one could argue really helped set the foundation for Biddle and Colgate's rise in the late 90's, early 00s. Hunt is not Dunlap....

I have been consistent on my Hunt stance for years on AGS (Colgate and Lehigh fans will attest). Just not a believer in his coaching acumen and ability to be a consistent leader/teacher. Coen was not a fan either....
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:58 pm

Hunt also was an assistant -- not a coordinator -- in 2021, when Williams College went undefeated. He seems to have more recent winning bona fides than Brisson or Gilmore. Could it get much worse?
Lehigh89

Post by Lehigh89 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:50 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:17 am
Lehigh74 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:55 am I have a good friend who is a Colgate Alumnus and avid football fan. He thinks hiring Hunt is an excellent choice. He likens it to Biddle bringing back Dunlap as offensive coordinator when he first became head coach.
Dunlap also had 20 years of head coaching experience at two different institutions and served as the Colgate AD from 1987-92. Dunlap brought administrative clout/pull that one could argue really helped set the foundation for Biddle and Colgate's rise in the late 90's, early 00s. Hunt is not Dunlap....

I have been consistent on my Hunt stance for years on AGS (Colgate and Lehigh fans will attest). Just not a believer in his coaching acumen and ability to be a consistent leader/teacher. Coen was not a fan either....
I have ZERO interest in getting into a debate but it certainly seems as if you are incorporating his "off the field" situation because your simply incorrect. Dan understands personal, situational football and how to find weaknesses. If your looking to revisit the Air Raid Lehigh years and wanted a HS coach who throws it all over the yard then I guess your right Dan was a bad hire. But if you wanna win some damn games and put these kids in a position where proper preparation puts maximizes their chances of being competitive then Dan will do that
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:51 am

Also, the fact that he is intimately familiar with the ins and outs of Patriot League recruiting, should be a big plus for the program.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:21 pm

+1