2024 Schedule

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
ngineer

2024 Schedule

Post by ngineer » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:15 pm

Does the Athletic Department publish schedule beyond the upcoming one? A lot of schools post their schedules 2-4 years down the road. Granted, with only 7 schools, that only gives six games that can be cemented in place, but, still, seems like a number of FCS schools are able to list games a few years in advance. The reason I raise this is that it was 'reported' via grapevine that we were going to Army in 2024 or 2025. Army's schedule is posted for a few years out and I do not see us on any of them! Alumni would also like to know for planning around vacations, etc. Anyone have any knowledge beyond scuttlebutt?

jimk72

Re: 2024 Schedule

Post by jimk72 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:56 pm

I've found this site really enjoyable on the topic of future schedules..... fun to noddle around to see who's scheduling bravely....

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/colgate/

I posted Colgate because they have a lot of FBS money games coming up. Lehigh, not so much.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:05 pm

jimk72 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:56 pm I've found this site really enjoyable on the topic of future schedules..... fun to noddle around to see who's scheduling bravely....

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/colgate/

I posted Colgate because they have a lot of FBS money games coming up. Lehigh, not so much.
Thanks! And, yes, Army is no where to be seen. Indeed, other than Princeton, there are no other OOC games listed beyond this year. Bugs me that we haven't been willing to undertake at least one FBS, lower tier, game in years. HC, Colgate, even Lafayette have had a couple FBS games in the recent past. I would think playing a good academic school like Duke, Wake, Rice, Army, Navy, Air Force, Vanderbilt that isn't a football 'factory' would be goal to to at least once every three years. A 'stretch' game against one of the top ten FCS schools should also be a target at least every other year, if not every year. I would think it would help in recruiting, as well.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:32 pm

Maybe the new regime will change this and schedule some FBS opponents. The last such game I believe was Navy.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:49 pm

Heck, any change from playing the same northeast teams over ad over again might be nice. A trip to the midwest, south or ... might be a nice change of pace every other year.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:04 pm

Did spot URI for 24. Andy was opposed to out of Northeast games of any sort. Both he and Joe were against $$$ FBS games. Imagine Joe still is.
We are due for an Army match up. The plan was an FBS game every 4 yrs so each class would get that experience.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:53 pm

If Andy was against out of northeast games, why did we go to Drake and Liberty? I thought both games were great, and not just because we won. An occasional game with William & Mary, Richmond(which we recently had a home and home), would be great, as well as Elon, Davidson, Towson. Playing an FBS game versus an academically comparable school would also be excellent. Having those types of schools on your future schedules can only help recruiting.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:51 am

ngineer wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:53 pm If Andy was against out of northeast games, why did we go to Drake and Liberty? I thought both games were great, and not just because we won. An occasional game with William & Mary, Richmond(which we recently had a home and home), would be great, as well as Elon, Davidson, Towson. Playing an FBS game versus an academically comparable school would also be excellent. Having those types of schools on your future schedules can only help recruiting.
UC Davis was also scheduled while Andy was the head coach.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:17 am

Andy was referring g to out of area money games a d scheduling FCS powers from areas we don't recruit. He didn't like scheduling Ls for $$$. Didn't oppose Northeastern FBS.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:07 pm

RichH wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:17 am Andy was referring g to out of area money games a d scheduling FCS powers from areas we don't recruit. He didn't like scheduling Ls for $$$. Didn't oppose Northeastern FBS.
I fully agree that we shouldn't schedule "pure money games", wherein the FCS school is essentially a prostitute. But there are a fair number of FBS schools with decent academic profiles and regional interest for recruiting that should allow us to see such games at least every other year, as well as top tier FCS opponent.