Lehigh Hopes to be Ahead of Schedule in Holy Cross-Led Patriot League Race

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Lehigh89

Re: Lehigh Hopes to be Ahead of Schedule in Holy Cross-Led Patriot League Race

Post by Lehigh89 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:33 am

Chalkeye wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:28 pm How can it be shades of the Junction Boys when you bitter "fans" were up TG's backside for 4 years for his antiquated techniques and hard driven training methods? And sorry '89 that you couldn't be proud of previous teams because of their record, but Cahill's inaguaral team's record isn't important, it is just important that progress is being shown? How long is that attitude going to last? You realize many of the same kids that are playing this year were on last year's team that you couldn't be proud of? I saw every game last year, and one thing that stood out to me was the consistent effort by kids who had every reason to not exert that effort after some of the disappointments they suffered through. I am optomistic about this season and the team seems to be responding to the fresh approach from the new staff. What is disappointing to me is the "Fellowship of the Miserable" on this message board that vaccillates between their Glory Day reminiscing and their disdain for TG that spills over to their questioning of the drive and committment of the players on the field, coupled with the air of Owl-like omniscience on all things FCS.
Where did I say I wasn't proud of kids because of their record? Please read before you post idiotic false accusations. I played here. I know at least 10 kids on the current roster. I love this program. What I saw, what I said and what's a FACT is that the program was an absolute JOKE under Tom. He wasn't prepared. He was a putrid in game coach. Most of the kids had NO respect for him or the way he treated them. And worse of all.. by far is that he took good kids and continually and consistently put them in a situation to fail.
So to be clear I NEVER said I wasn't proud of the kids OR their effort. Not sure how much clearer I needed to be. The pride i take, and that I KNOW these kids take in the program is being respected, working hard, being supported and led and put in a situation where success with wins is great but a groundwork for success is being laid for life. Under the new staff that's exactly what's being done.

Old Timer

Post by Old Timer » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:12 am

Well said '89! TG was a disaster from day 1. I feel for the kids who had to play for him. But, it's a new day!! Looking forward to Sept. 2nd.
Chalkeye

Post by Chalkeye » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:17 am

Lehigh89 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:46 pm As I previously mentioned coach needs some time to fully change the culture and bring in some of "his guys" but unlike under the previous regime this team will play hard through the whistle irrespective of score. They will be well organized disciplined and compete. No idea, none, how that will translate but no matter the score I think for the first time in awhile we will see real progress and a team we can be proud of
Seems like this is pretty compelling evidence that you insinuate that in the last few years, in your opinion the kids did not play hard through the whistle at times, and this season, "for the first time in a while...we will see a team we can be proud of." I offered that after watching the games, I commended the kids for playing hard all season despite the troubling circumstances. I'm sorry that my quoting your own words appears "idiotic" to you.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:43 pm

fight nice kids
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:42 pm

jimk72 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:43 pmfight nice kids
+1. :D