LEHIGH PRESEASON CAMP: Cahill and Mountain Hawks Dedicating To Make Goodman Home Field Advantage

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
News
Site Admin

LEHIGH PRESEASON CAMP: Cahill and Mountain Hawks Dedicating To Make Goodman Home Field Advantage

Post by News » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:06 pm

This past Saturday at Murray Goodman stadium, you could hear loud music, the Marching 97 and loud yelling on 3rd down, only the season hadn’t started.

That’s because new head coach Kevin Cahill and the coaching staff have made changes to the way Lehigh football, coming off a 2-9 season, prepare.
Read More: https://www.college-sports-journal.com/ ... advantage/

Lehigh74

Re: LEHIGH PRESEASON CAMP: Cahill and Mountain Hawks Dedicating To Make Goodman Home Field Advantage

Post by Lehigh74 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:16 pm

Good article. Cahill seems to be saying and doing all the right things. Let’s hope it pays off with some more W’s.
HFO

Re: LEHIGH PRESEASON CAMP: Cahill and Mountain Hawks Dedicating To Make Goodman Home Field Advantage

Post by HFO » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:36 pm

We project 3 wins. A small step forward from last year. Four wins would be a highly successful season.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:00 pm

I agree that a 4 win season would be satisfying; however, as the forever optimist, I look back and see that we should have been 5-6 last year by beating ourselves versus Cornell, Bucknell and Laughyette. A couple of other games could have been more interesting had the team been better prepared. With a break or two, it would be great to 'steal' a game or two..i.e. an upset by some teams looking past us.

Our biggest question mark/ soft spot/ area of needed growth will be the secondary which will be young. As noted why others, we blew some major coverages that resulted in several opponent touchdowns or set up touchdowns of greater than 60 yards. I am hoping the mental mistakes are reduced, thereby keeping us in some tight games in the fourth quarter. The front seven of the D, should be solid. I think the O can run with either QB, but I see Silbor as having a higher ceiling. His passing ability is very fluid and he seems to be learning his progressions, a problem Perri seems to have had over the past year or so. Of course, one needs time to make progressions, so the OL..with a number of veterans, should be giving the QB time, as well as giving Garcia and #20 running room.

Special teams should be improved with a more focused dedication to them. Kicker and punter return, so improvement should be expected. Fordham got routed in their opener, so maybe they could be a potential 'upset' as they appear to be missing DeMorat.