Villanova

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
lu90

Re: Villanova

Post by lu90 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:43 pm

Lehigh74 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:21 pm
Mountain Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:02 pm
LU808 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:56 pm

Red Shirting, Scholarship, NIL?, Legacy of excellence, consistently good coaching, prestige conference, better in and out of conference schedule.
Can we not redshirt football players? We do have scholarships, do they have more? Not sure about NIL there or here for football at this level. The rest of your list is nothing built in, but rather the byproducts of running a great program which are clearly not doing. Villanova, a big Jesuit school in suburban Philly has cleaned our clock on the field and now gets recognized for having a top undergrad business school where we really do not.

That, friends, is dropping the ball.
Check it out MH Lehigh ranked # 14 in new Wall Street Journal college rankings. Villanova #62.

https://www.wsj.com/rankings/college-ra ... leges-2024
I knew changing the mascot to Mountain Hawks would eventually pay off.

LU808

Post by LU808 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:58 pm

lu90 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:43 pm
Mountain Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:02 pm

Can we not redshirt football players? We do have scholarships, do they have more? Not sure about NIL there or here for football at this level. The rest of your list is nothing built in, but rather the byproducts of running a great program which are clearly not doing. Villanova, a big Jesuit school in suburban Philly has cleaned our clock on the field and now gets recognized for having a top undergrad business school where we really do not.

That, friends, is dropping the ball.
Check it out MH Lehigh ranked # 14 in new Wall Street Journal college rankings. Villanova #62.

It's not the change in mascot that did it....it's the DEI staff that boosted our rating!

Donald A. Outing, Ph.D.
Vice President for Equity and Community, University Diversity and Inclusion Officer

Dr. Henry U. Odi '98G, Ed.D.
Deputy Vice President for Equity and Community and Associate Provost for Academic Diversity, Adjunct Professor

Tess Gillespie
Executive Secretary to the Vice President for Equity and Community
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:08 pm

At this point not relevant to FB. If LU has has HC success, then yes. Until then cit won’t matter. Nobody wants to play for a loser.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:47 pm

LU808 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:58 pm

It's not the change in mascot that did it....it's the DEI staff that boosted our rating!

Donald A. Outing, Ph.D.
Vice President for Equity and Community, University Diversity and Inclusion Officer

Deputy Vice President for Equity and Community and Associate Provost for Academic Diversity, Adjunct Professor

Tess Gillespie
It’s the kids putting the work in to go into capitalistic endeavors in finance accounting and engineering and earning some coin in the process. Imagine that. Not a fkg thing to do with the DEI.
My pronouns are ‘up yours’
LU808

Post by LU808 » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:28 pm

Mountain Hawk wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:47 pm
LU808 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:58 pm

Donald A. Outing, Ph.D.

Tess Gillespie
It’s the kids putting the work in to go into capitalistic endeavors in finance accounting and engineering and earning some coin in the process. Imagine that. Not a fkg thing to do with the DEI.
My pronouns are ‘up yours’
Dear Up Yours....I see the sarcasm missed you.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:24 pm

I did. When you listed all the pronouns I thought you might have been a kool aid drinker. As you know we have some around here.