Dartmouth

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Dartmouth

Post by RichH » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:59 pm

Some good news. Johnson is back as is Jablonski. Wiles takes OC..

Old Timer

Re: Dartmouth

Post by Old Timer » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:58 am

So Buddy Teevens has passed. How will that play into Saturday’s game? Thoughts?
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:31 pm

He was on sabbatical this year to recover from the accident. My guess is it won’t have much of an effect except maybe some additional motivation to win one for him.
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:52 pm

This was going to be a tough, physical matchup before the untimely death of Buddy Teevens. Adding the fire and emotion from the moment will add a layer of complication to Lehigh’s task this week as well.
Read More: https://www.college-sports-journal.com/ ... o-hanover/
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:07 pm

Old Timer wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:58 am So Buddy Teevens has passed. How will that play into Saturday’s game? Thoughts?
Certainly makes for one of those 'intangible' events. Sometimes, the emotions get a team too high and they are spent after the first quarter. Other times, the emotions are properly harnessed and a team is able to 'focus' more on the goal...'Win one for Buddy'. Teevens was a very respected coach who had a long successful career. I am sure most of the players, especially the upperclassmen, will be extra motivated and will make Lehigh's task a bit steeper. I am sure Cahill is reminding the players of what to expect and why. But, after a few big hits or big positive plays, the game can become another game. It will be interesting to see. Luckily, it appears the rain storm a-coming shouldn't hit NH until Sunday.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:10 pm

Weather should not be an issue in Hanover tomorrow. In fact, it should be a pretty nice late September afternoon in the Granite State! I'm expecting another close game that will come down to will and doing the little things just a bit better. While I believe it will be an emotional day for Big Green football, I think once the game kicks off it won't matter all that much. The reality is, Teevens has been far removed from the program for a while so time and distance has created a different dynamic as it relates to the tragic event.

Sounds like Dartmouth has a good DL which is my biggest concern. Can the OL put forth an admirable performance? Can Silbor limit his mistakes? Make 3-4 difference making throws? The defense HAS to eliminate the big play. That nonsense has been going on WAY too long.

While I'd love to see Lehigh's offense breakout I'll settle for a hard fought slugfest that ends in a "W".

Lehigh 21 Dartmouth 17

Lafayette hosts Monmouth tomorrow; Lehigh's opponent next week...
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:53 pm

The offense just isn't improving. Not only that, there is not any imagination/creativity/ambition to try and jump start it! Cahill and Hunt have to do better than this.
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:30 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:53 pm The offense just isn't improving. Not only that, there is not any imagination/creativity/ambition to try and jump start it! Cahill and Hunt have to do better than this.
I don't understand either of the coordinator hires. Hunt's offense was built for Hamilton, NY, and he is not an innovator. Nagy's Allegany team gave up 37 points per game last year when he was head coach. ODU was not much better under Nagy as DC.

I don't think either Coordinator is the long-term answer. Tom Gilmore set this program back years....it will take time for Cahill to rebuild the roster.
IPSY1975

Post by IPSY1975 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:11 pm

My advice to Cahil: Blow it up

Can your coordinators ..and then recruit like crazy . I believe he is a smart HC ..just doesn't have the horses.These are Tom Gilmores players ..sorry to say. Will he have the stones to shake up his staff after one year? I dunno

We have little or no talent out there. Plus I saw several missed tackles all game long. The Defense plays hard but they run out of gas if we are not moving the chains. JMHO
Local82

Post by Local82 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:53 pm

This team is bad and going nowhere.
Eight first downs. Paying for Gilmore this year and maybe next.