Dartmouth

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Sundayamqb

Re: Dartmouth

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:01 pm

adcs2 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:00 pm Beating Bucknell and Georgetown would get the team to three wins, maybe pick up more against Colgate and Lafayette, and Monmouth (1-3).

I can see wins over Bucknell, Colgate and Georgetown. Don't see the Mountain Hawks having the horses to defeat Lafayette or Monmouth, IMO.
+1, though I think anything can happen in those Lafayette games, especially at home.

Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:04 pm

[/quote]

I don't consider the great majority of FBS schools as playing college football. It is the NFL's minor leagues, or development leagues like the NBA, and I have been losing interest in the product. It's all about the Benjamins, now.
[/quote]

+1, sadly. The FCS (look at JUM, App State, others who have moved up) is moving on up with the Benjamins, too. The beauty of a Lehigh education always has been socio-academic.
HFO

Post by HFO » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:29 am

As bad as Lehigh has been for past 3 seasons, progress is bring made. A 4 win season is a realistic goal. Master recruiting 1 and 2 star athletes within 100 miles of Bethlehem. Get them in. Master portal for graduate transfers...focus on D2 scholarship players who graduated with a year left. Pick up FBS/FCS grad transfers as they inquire. There is good talent at Kutztown and ESU who could get into Lehigh Grad Education school. I believe as grad students NCAA only requires 9 credits in season.

There are pathways to get better. Recruiting and higher expectations from coaches on players. Success starts as a mindset and then willingness to put the work in.
mookie

Post by mookie » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:22 am

Recruits are getting $5,000 just to take a recruiting visit to PSU. Be thankful Lehigh is small potatoes.
Local82

Post by Local82 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:32 pm

I’m mostly done with FBS/BCS football. We will see in time what the unintended consequences of these payments are.
Twenty years ago the NCAA was demanding institutional control.
Now control is in the hands of ESPN, Nike and the like.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:33 am

The only answer is national legislation that sets reasonable and equitable boundaries on NIL money. And it would have to be somehow constitutional, probably requiring some sort of union for the players.

Until then college football will be the wild, wild west financially..............
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:06 pm

jimk72 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:33 am The only answer is national legislation that sets reasonable and equitable boundaries on NIL money. And it would have to be somehow constitutional, probably requiring some sort of union for the players.

Until then college football will be the wild, wild west financially..............
That is the NCAA'S HOPE.Congress wants no part in this mess created by the SCOTUS. If players are truly "employees",a CBA between them and the NCAA would be the sole avenue open to regulating NIL,etc