Monmouth

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
LUFAN

Re: Monmouth

Post by LUFAN » Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:57 pm

Chalkeye wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:45 pm
LUFAN wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:52 am Finally got to reading the post game article.

"We have to continue to build the culture and we have a lot of fixing to do."

THIS really jumped off the page at me. Imagine arriving at Lehigh charged with the duty of fixing the toxic environment that Tom Gilmore created. He created it at Holy Cross and he created it at Lehigh. It was a horrible decision to hire this man and it will take a long time for Cahill to clean up this mess.
TG's culture at HC was not toxic. Hardnosed, old school, perhaps even outdated,but those on here trying to paint him as uncaring or evil incarnate do not know the man. I am no apologist, because his record shows how successful he was ultimately. But every coach in America taking over a program works to develop his own personal culture, and I am sure Cahill expects as much accountability from his players as TG demanded. Like Owl says, Troxell is 18 months ahead of schedule on this turnaround. One or two good recruiting cycles and Lehigh should be back in the mix. HC is at their peak, loaded with 5th year seniors despite having no graduate school, with a coach who seems busy looking over the fence at other opportunities. His loaded team was just physically beat up and their QB was exposed as a scatter-armed passer prone to poor decisions when pressured last Saturday. The turn is coming.
You could not be more incorrect about the toxic environment Tom Gilmore created. Ask around in the coaching circles l, ask players, ask just about anyone. The guy is breeds a negative, losing environment. In fact, his best season was 2018 with the culture he inherited. Cahill is a good coach, but as he said, he has a LOT TO FIX when it comes to culture.