Hoyas

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Hoyas

Post by RichH » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:27 pm

EJ back at WR. LL 2 deep morphs again. Kempsey at 2 behind Jablonski. Aberle up behind Curatolo.
Guessing Richter and Palmer joined Padezanin smh.
Hoyas are no cupcake this year.🤞🤞 that we have found an O that can score. Hoyas D,perhaps not as talented as Fordham but much more disciplined.

ngineer

Re: Hoyas

Post by ngineer » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:37 pm

We've had close calls with the Hoyas in recent years, so I expect a dog fight. Could be a rainy day, as well, which can create some turnovers. Ball protection will be a priority. What's up with Garcia? While the other two are doing well, that is one position where depth is needed.
Patrick Duffy

Post by Patrick Duffy » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:01 am

I think Ben Banks would make a good running back big thick trunky kind of a Midwest ethos
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:18 pm

GEORGETOWN AT LEHIGH 10/14/2023: Game Preview And Fearless Prediction: Lehigh Finally Returns Home To Find “Scary” Hoyas On Their Doorstep

Lehigh fans are in uncharted waters as "scary" Georgetown (3-3, 1-0 Patriot League), with a win against Fordham, face off against Lehigh (1-5, 0-1 Patriot League), with a loss against Fordham.
Read More: https://www.college-sports-journal.com/ ... -doorstep/

(NOTE: will finish Scouting Georgetown, Keys to the Game, and Fearless Prediction later today)
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:26 pm

Weather forecast not improving and actually appearing more solid prediction of steady rain all day. Too bad the weather will not be like the past couple days, which were perfect for football. Get to 'test' my new rain suit, but a shame that our first home game in weeks will be in these conditions.
News
Site Admin

Post by News » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:42 am

Updated the Fearless Prediction. I can't believe I'm predicting a Georgetown win, but I am.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:46 pm

Hoyas 17 Lehigh 7 3:44 4Q

Another "winnable" game Lehigh will lose....

Through 7 games where are the improvements? What are the clear, definitive positive attributes this staff brings to the table over the previous regime?
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:13 pm

A winnable game. but an actual L. 17-7
Embarrassing game. The good play/bad play scenario we are all too familiar with. So many mistakes.
I could rant but why bother. The rant hasn't changed much over the last few years.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:18 pm

The moaners will have to wait a couple years before the moaning can be directed at the current coach - a coach who obviously inherited very very little to work with.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:28 pm

Mountain Hawk wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:18 pm The moaners will have to wait a couple years before the moaning can be directed at the current coach - a coach who obviously inherited very very little to work with.
If there was such a dearth of talent these games would NOT be competitive. The results are not reflective of a clear disparity of talent between Lehigh and 4-5 of their opponents this season. Not even close! This is not Al Golden taking over for Bobby Wallace at Temple or Frank Tavani taking over for Bill Russo at Lafayette after the administration nearly dropped/deemphasized the program. Chesney took over for Gilmore at Holy Cross! Troxell took over for John Garrett who everyone on College Hill knew was incompetent! Please, the Lehigh dynamic, while contextually unique, is nothing new! The Coen to Gilmore, Gadd to Kotulski, Dan Allen to Gilmore scenarios are "tougher" given the tragic nature which resulted in the change. Formulating a proper "game plan" for THAT is simply tougher than trying to turnaround a program after a bumbling regime.....

This is the result of a head coach learning to be a head coach while working with two coordinators who have some questionable history as head coaches and coordinators....