No effort. Collapse in The Rivalry.

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Chalkeye

Re: No effort. Collapse in The Rivalry.

Post by Chalkeye » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:27 am

OL: Hung in there all season long despite many injuries. Getting C back for a 5th year would be a great stablilizer
WR: Solid, can move the ball consistetnly, but no explosion
RB: Yoder plus a new addition would be good
QB: Offense does not play to Silbor's strenghts, or vice-versa. Need yto figure out how to be more consistent and less turnovers
TE: Solid but not used often enough
DL: need more bodies in rotation
LB: ?? is DiNucci coming back? If not, needs help
CB: Weak link this year
$: Solid

Depends on recruiting class..there are opportunities to PLAY NOW. Need to sell this.

ngineer

Post by ngineer » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:54 pm

I will fully expect "open competition" next August with Silbor, the other frosh (whose name escapes me), Rauscher, and the two incoming QBs. Silbor, to me, seems to have the physical ability (good arm) but I failed to see improvement through the course of the year in knowing where his secondary receivers were. Locked in on his primary. That can be compounded with being rushed, and his mobility is adequate but not great. I still think he has the potential to be very good, but many times one needs to be 'pushed' in order to improve. Lehigh's 'salad days' (1971-2016) had the common thread of usually having a strong QB who could throw with authority and lead the team down the field. I hope these new guys coming in make the competition hot. Only way they get better.

Secondly is the secondary. A lot of youngsters in experience, need to step up their game. Depth in the defensive front is needed...and some better size. A lot of speed and quickness can offset some size deficiencies, but having some big studs with quick feet (@280 lbs) would be great. I fully agree with Owl that we certainly have some talent. The cupboard wasn't left bare, but it is thin. Again, competition for playing time is what makes a team better. We need some top notch recruits (at FCS level) to get some momentum next year.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:53 am

I generally agree ngineer with one exception. I think Silbor’s mechanics are not good. For a tall guy he had quite a few balls batted down at LOS. He throws a flat ball. No follow threw which is partly why he short hopped so many balls. I look forward to Pards on Saturday as I have a nephew Pard player alum in the family. Happy Thanksgiving to All!