Patriot All-League Teams Announced

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
LU808

Patriot All-League Teams Announced

Post by LU808 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:47 pm

Second-Team Defense (16)*

DL: Dean Colton, Lehigh, 5th-year

LB: Mike DeNucci, Lehigh, Sr.

DB: Nick Peltekian, Lehigh, So.

ZERO ON OFFENSE!

HFO

Re: Patriot All-League Teams Announced

Post by HFO » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:52 am

LU808 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:47 pm Second-Team Defense (16)*

DL: Dean Colton, Lehigh, 5th-year

LB: Mike DeNucci, Lehigh, Sr.

DB: Nick Peltekian, Lehigh, So.

ZERO ON OFFENSE!
Does DeNucci have another year of eligibility? He played well. So Lehigh defense might have 2 to build off of. The other 9 positions to be sorted out in Summer Camp. Players on campus should see this as an opportunity to complete for a role, especially current freshmen/redshirt freshman to supplant existing starters, plus there will be about a dozen or so recruits and probably another dozen of walkons.

Starting from near rock bottom. There were wins. There were winnable losses. There were blowouts. A 4 win season next year would be real progress. Less mistakes and better situational coaching.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:15 pm

"Word" is that DeNucci is eligible for a fifth year. Also, our center and co-captain George Padrezian (sp?) is also eligible for a medical redshirt and has supposedly confirmed he is coming back. Fingers crossed for a very good recruiting season. A lot of young kids got a lot of experience this year, that normally is not afforded to a lot of first years. Hopefully, this experience will help them better focus next year which should eliminate many of the self-inflicted wounds that cost us about four wins. I think it comes down to having confidence in what you're doing in certain situations. Lack of confidence leads to tentative actions, resulting in penalties, fumbles, dropped passes, poorly thrown passes, etc. Back to work, men!! Go Lehigh!!
HFO

Post by HFO » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:29 pm

ngineer wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:15 pm "Word" is that DeNucci is eligible for a fifth year. Also, our center and co-captain George Padrezian (sp?) is also eligible for a medical redshirt and has supposedly confirmed he is coming back. Fingers crossed for a very good recruiting season. A lot of young kids got a lot of experience this year, that normally is not afforded to a lot of first years. Hopefully, this experience will help them better focus next year which should eliminate many of the self-inflicted wounds that cost us about four wins. I think it comes down to having confidence in what you're doing in certain situations. Lack of confidence leads to tentative actions, resulting in penalties, fumbles, dropped passes, poorly thrown passes, etc. Back to work, men!! Go Lehigh!!
Like training a resident. You have to throw them into the fire right away. There is no easing in. Now they are committed to reality. Experience and training to perfection is the name of the game of life. Those who commit themselves to it, typically see the fruits of their labors. A good thing for any college student to learn whether in academics or their chosen sport.

Football is like a symphony. When it is done well...a thing of beauty.
This was a baseline year. I am on record that I liked other coaches for the role.
LEHIGH football will be better next year. There still could be many defeats, but I suspect next year's team will be in more games later into the 4th Q with a shot at winning. That is progress.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:11 pm

HFO wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:29 pm
ngineer wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:15 pm "Word" is that DeNucci is eligible for a fifth year. Also, our center and co-captain George Padrezian (sp?) is also eligible for a medical redshirt and has supposedly confirmed he is coming back. Fingers crossed for a very good recruiting season. A lot of young kids got a lot of experience this year, that normally is not afforded to a lot of first years. Hopefully, this experience will help them better focus next year which should eliminate many of the self-inflicted wounds that cost us about four wins. I think it comes down to having confidence in what you're doing in certain situations. Lack of confidence leads to tentative actions, resulting in penalties, fumbles, dropped passes, poorly thrown passes, etc. Back to work, men!! Go Lehigh!!
Like training a resident. You have to throw them into the fire right away. There is no easing in. Now they are committed to reality. Experience and training to perfection is the name of the game of life. Those who commit themselves to it, typically see the fruits of their labors. A good thing for any college student to learn whether in academics or their chosen sport.

This was a baseline year. I am on record that I liked other coaches for the role.
LEHIGH football will be better next year. There still could be many defeats, but I suspect next year's team will be in more games later into the 4th Q with a shot at winning. That is progress.
The symphony analogy is very apropos. A lot of moving parts that need to be in sync. Recruits on campus this weekend. Fingers crossed.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:23 pm

HFO wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:29 pm

Well said. The weekend may give us a snapshot of next year.