Recruits and transfers

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Recruits and transfers

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:58 am

Portal humming. We have a number of grad transfers...Shapiro,Wiles so far.
Logan Jones,Jr, just entered the portal. 🤷‍♂️

RichH

Re: Recruits and transfers

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:59 am

Perri
Ben Banks
Johnson
Kennedy
DiPietro
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:14 am

Official visits this weekend. Guess we'll see how good a closer Coach Cahill is.🏈🤞🤞
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:15 pm

Based on what I'm seeing around the country, Lehigh seems to be doing a good job with retention. Develop the players you got? A novel concept. Isn't this the institution's strength? Although, there's not massive defections at the FCS level all things considered. FBS is a train wreck....

Seal the deal with the high school kids and see what happens. I still maintain it's a small climb to relevancy....
Lehigh89

Post by Lehigh89 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:18 pm

have to sign and lock in the QB's
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:48 pm

Lehigh89 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:18 pm have to sign and lock in the QB's
Machalik is solid. Johnson is still looking.
3 weeks to ESD. Appears Coach has focused on athletes this weekend. DBs and WRs. At least from the responses I've seen.
A very different offer pool this year. Much smsller , more forcused. Heavy stress on New England Preps.
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:11 pm

Any word on a key incoming transfer or two?

Can Lehigh recruit one year grad transfers? While I'm not an advocate of the portal as constructed, Lehigh should be a great landing spot for a well rounded student athlete to earn their MBA or M.Ed. while finishing out their career with some quality PT.
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:26 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:11 pm Any word on a key incoming transfer or two?

Can Lehigh recruit one year grad transfers? While I'm not an advocate of the portal as constructed, Lehigh should be a great landing spot for a well rounded student athlete to earn their MBA or M.Ed. while finishing out their career with some quality PT.
Grad transfers are still a no. By laws do have a very narrow exception for specific personal situations. A hard sell for PL given the fears of the colleges with no grad school.. Cahill seems set on building the program.Dont think he would be looking for 1 year players right now.
Lehigh89

Post by Lehigh89 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:32 am

Thanks Rich...asked around about Johnson and correct still shopping himself for "bigger" offer. Despite huge huge season lukewarm interest so will be fascinating to see how long he waits and if he gets any bites
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:55 am

RichH wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:26 pm
Go Lehigh TU Owl wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:11 pm Any word on a key incoming transfer or two?

Grad transfers are still a no. By laws do have a very narrow exception for specific personal situations. A hard sell for PL given the fears of the colleges with no grad school.. Cahill seems set on building the program.Dont think he would be looking for 1 year players right now.
Thanks Rich!

I knew there were stipulations because of the lack of grad schools at other schools but with the portal I didn't know if there were specific parameters that could be "worked around".

As it is, shame to see Johnson in the portal given his modest at best production (I understand the O's troubles in general) and the fact he's at a great school! He should be inline for a good 2024 with an uptick in everyone's game.

HC has taken a bunch of hits but that was to be expected given Chesney's uncertain future and the fact that some of those guys legitimately paid their dues for 4 years/graduated. Otherwise, the PL teams seem to be fairing pretty well when it comes to retention...