COmmit # 7 Logan Galletta. DB

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

COmmit # 7 Logan Galletta. DB

Post by RichH » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:37 pm

Logan Galletta DB/WR. 5'11 195. Boston College , The Hun School

A solid player at Hun both on O and D. Tough hitter at DB. Re ruit interest was mostly the Ivies,Pat's and Academies.

LU808

Re: COmmit # 7 Logan Galletta. DB

Post by LU808 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:21 pm

RichH wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:37 pm Logan Galletta DB/WR. 5'11 195. Boston College , The Hun School

A solid player at Hun both on O and D. Tough hitter at DB. Re ruit interest was mostly the Ivies,Pat's and Academies.
https://twitter.com/logangalletta

https://www.hudl.com/profile/16233321/Logan-Galletta

https://whoasportsworld.com/live-interv ... -galletta/

Logan Galletta is a 2023 recruit who is an Athlete at The Hun School of Princeton, Galletta is ranked among one of the top recruits in the nation and is ranked among one of the top Athletes in the nation as well. In addition, Galletta is listed among one of the top recruits in the state of New Jersey and is listed among one of the top Athletes in the state of New Jersey. His top offers are Navy, UPENN, and Colgate.
mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:02 pm

If he's one of the top recruits in the nation, why would he go to Lehigh?
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:28 pm

He probably has done his homework on what he wants. Maybe others should, also.
Justafan

Post by Justafan » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:57 pm

It appears to me that Logan was probably a walk-on and looks to have 4 years of eligibility remaining since I don't believe he played all season.

He played 3 years at Greenwich before transferrirng to Hun for his senior year. I haven't noticed any remarkable achievements but it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Contrary to what Rich indicated, his strengths may be in the measurables.
He's listed at 6-1, a nice size for a D-Back, runs a 4,47 40 , has a 36" vertical leap and can bench 315#.
He's a 3 sport athlete including track so there may be a developmental growth curve if he settles on football.

Interesting that we have a mini-pipeline with BC since Curatola transferred back here last season.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:10 pm

Logan is 5'11 per BC roster. Same hght as at Hun. He weighed 178 lbs at Hun. By measurable I was referring to his physical measurements.
My guess he was a PWO at BC .No question he is an athlete
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:56 pm

Classic example of a kid who likely should have gone FCS out of high school, but liked the idea of going "big time", but found out he wouldn't likely see much playing time after being at BC. So, he wants to play rather than ride the bench for 4 more years at a big school. I like the fact he wants to play and also wants a good education. I had a teammate in high school in the late 60's who was big for an OL at the time, about 215lbs, strong, but a tad slow. He was recruited by a number of 'big time' schools, as well as some excellent smaller schools. He went to Penn State. Back then, frosh could not play varsity, so he played freshman ball first year, but never started the following three. Indeed, he rarely even got into a varsity game. Had he gone to "a Lehigh" or similar smaller program, he likely would have started all three years. Years later, he commiserated that he would have gone small school had he known the limited chance he had to play at PSU.
I am glad he's discovered Lehigh and what we can provide him. Welcome Logan!
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:30 pm

ngineer wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:56 pm Classic example of a kid who likely should have gone FCS out of high school, but liked the idea of going "big time", but found out he wouldn't likely see much playing time after being at BC. So, he wants to play rather than ride the bench for 4 more years at a big school. I like the fact he wants to play and also wants a good education. I had a teammate in high school in the late 60's who was big for an OL at the time, about 215lbs, strong, but a tad slow. He was recruited by a number of 'big time' schools, as well as some excellent smaller schools. He went to Penn State. Back then, frosh could not play varsity, so he played freshman ball first year, but never started the following three. Indeed, he rarely even got into a varsity game. Had he gone to "a Lehigh" or similar smaller program, he likely would have started all three years. Years later, he commiserated that he would have gone small school had he known the limited chance he had to play at PSU.
I am glad he's discovered Lehigh and what we can provide him. Welcome Logan!
He may not play at Lehigh either. 5'11 DB. Under-whelming HUDL film. PWO at BC is irrelevant. Hope Lehigh didn't use too much money. I am sure he is a great kid. Just the facts.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:30 pm

Would he have 4 years of PL eligibility??
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:38 pm

If he did not play at all at BC, I think he could qualify for a 'fifth' year. Not positive about that, though.