Colgate

Can Lehigh get back to the NCAA postseason?
TMH

Colgate

Post by TMH » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Really nice team performance again. The game wasn't as close as it seems since the bench gave up 3 late goals.

I like statistics. One can read into them what they want but...

Going into this game, Lehigh was 2nd in the nation in scoring but does not have a single guy among the Top 50 gpg.
That says unbelievable balance.

Lehigh is also #4 in assists/game

But we knew we were really deep and talented in the attack.

However,
Spence was leading the nation in save %
Tangredi was leading the nation in CT/game
Sisselberger was #2 in F/O % and #3 in GB/games but with 15 GBs against Colgate, he should move up to #1

Of course, level of competition needs to be part of the evaluation process but that alone is a pretty good assessment of all phases of the game.

RichH

Re: Colgate

Post by RichH » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:36 pm

Watched most of game. Team W a great way to caption today.
Great stats TMH. :D
van

Post by van » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:10 pm

I thought gate was really physical trying to stop our attack, many ground balls, our guys did a great job
grad81

Post by grad81 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:12 pm

Nice win although I thought it took the team 2+ quarters to shake off the rust from last week’s bye and the long bus ride up to Hamilton. Pretty sloppy first half but give them credit for taking command once Colgate tied it early in the 3Q. Garbage time goals made the final closer than it was. It was good they got this game out of their system. They will need to tighten things up considerably against Army next week. Army’s defense is really good and more physical than Colgate’s by far so not wasting possession’s will be key. Army’s weakness is at the X so we should dominate there (knock on wood).