LU 11-10 over Army

Can Lehigh get back to the NCAA postseason?
RichH

LU 11-10 over Army

Post by RichH » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:45 pm

Got the last FO to ice the game. We weren't perfect but we never clutched. LU Started out 4-0. Up 5-4 at the half.
Nerve wracking 2nd half. A great W and I am exhausted.
:D

grad81

Re: LU 11-10 over Army

Post by grad81 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:14 pm

A tremendous team win. Defense was outstanding and the offense was very good in the 1st and 3rd quarters to create enough separation to pull out the win. Honestly, if not for sloppiness and problems clearing the ball in the 2nd and 4th quarters, Lehigh should have won by more. Army got a number of goals in unsettled situations after giveaways. The Hawks found a way to get a key goal every time Army got close and Sisselberger was clutch when they needed him most. Spence also had a very good game.

LU should re-enter the top 20 after today’s win but will need to bring the same defensive effort next week against a very good Georgetown team whose defense is very tough! Nice to be 3-0 in the Patriot League.
TMH

Post by TMH » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:53 pm

Outstanding victory!!

The Patriot League is pretty deep this year but I think it's safe to say that Army was the odd's on favorite. Every game in the PL will be huge. We finish off the season with BU and Loyola, both will be tough.

I still think that we are missing Tiernan and Sidorski in our offense. A stat that jumped out at me is that we scored 11 goals on only 4 assists. That seems to be a pattern this year. We get off a lot of shots, most in the league. we are near the middle though in scoring and near the bottom in assists. Our offense is not quite in sync yet. Iernan alone accounted for about 20% of our assists last year. Hopefully it all comes together by the end of the season.

Our defense and FO remain stellar.

Just my opinion.
grad81

Post by grad81 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:02 am

LU re-enters the national rankings at #19 after Saturday's big win. Georgetown comes in at #5 and will be a big test. Their goalie has a save percentage over 63% and their primary FOGO is winning 66% of his face offs. Possessions and limiting turnovers will be key. We need to clear the ball better.