Lehigh-Lafayette-Men's

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
TMH

Lehigh-Lafayette-Men's

Post by TMH » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:31 pm

Wow...the season gets off to a roaring start with 2 OT victories today (men's and Women's)

Some thoughts:

1.) Lehigh started off slowly but appeared to make adjustments at half time. M. Wilson brought back memories of his freshman year (I think)

2.) Alamuden has made a case in the early going for getting some substantial minutes.

3.) I think Lynch will flourish getting an increased work load. Parolin has all the makings of a solid substitute or a a complementary big when needed.

4.) I think we really need to figure out the PG position.

5.) The biggest point....foul shooting nearly cost us the game. We need to get better.

But then again, it's only one game and it's sure nice to be able to talk about Lehigh basketball again.

Sundayamqb

Re: Lehigh-Lafayette-Men's

Post by Sundayamqb » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:46 pm

On target TMH.

Wow ...

Let's hope these guys can keep together as the competition gets tougher. Certainly was an impressive first game.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:53 pm

Exhausted by 2 OT games. :D
Sinclair looked decent at PG. A big change forvus. We took 8 3pt shots for the game. Pards seem to be a 2 player squad. Competition will get tougher I think.
TMH

Post by TMH » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:09 pm

I think the competition will be about the same for our next game :-)

It will be interesting to see what adjustments the coaches will make between today and tomorrow. Lehigh will need to find a way to slow down Jaworski and Stephens.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:10 pm

Wow is the word.....Alamudun was the biggest surprise to me. And I do agree point is a question. A bit sluggish with Betlow there. Sinclair’s cameo showed flashes, promise and freshman jitters/mistakes. But impressed with team's overall composure that kept us within hailing distance early. Gave us a chance to get even, and then get lucky.
Just saw replay of “the shot” during half time report on West Virginia-Oklahoma ESPN2. If we hit some free throws tomorrow we might have a chance again.....
Last edited by jimk72 on Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TMH

Post by TMH » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Around the league

OK, Navy's win over Bucknell is not a huge surprise for me. Navy already had 4 games under their belt this year including a win over a weaker Georgetown team. They also return almost all of their fire power from last year.

The beating Colgate put on Army was not on my radar at all though. Army also had the advantage of playing 5 OOC games where they went 4-1 including a win over LaSalle. I don't think anyone expected a 101-57 thrashing.
van

Post by van » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:45 pm

very impressed with Alamudun, looked way better than last year, coach needs to get these guys to play some D though, Parolin looked very poised and comfortable, Lynch picked up where he left of last year, gonna need M Wilson to play point me thinks unless one of the FR starts to shine, guess that was Tan on crutches, anyway a great win, tomorrow might be a bit harder in Easton, gonna need a little more scoring balance from Fenton and Taylor
Lehigh65

Post by Lehigh65 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:08 pm

Sure, people will remember this one by recounting Wilson's bomb to win it all with .1 seconds remaining, but may hat goes off to Soph. Jacob Alamudun - my star of the game. He played a "possessed" 31 minutes, seemingly blunting every Leopard run while knocking down 6 of 7 from the field and snagging a team high 11 boards. His 13 points marked a career high in D-1 play. As a freshman, Jacob's end of year line read: 13.9 mpg / 4ppg / 2.4 rpg.

Now, if could only resolve our PG issues, hit more free throws, and stay free of injuries. Who knows.....

On to Easton for Game 2!
TMH

Post by TMH » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:53 pm

Halftime Report

Jaworski's baskets count for 3 points. Wilson's baskets count for 2.

Result Lafayette up by 4 at the half.

Does anyone know if J. Wilson is guarding Jaworski and if not..why?
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:49 pm

Down by 11 with 2 and 1/2 min to go. The roller coaster. A different team today. Hope for a frenxy run now. :D