Loyola

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
jimk72

Re: Loyola

Post by jimk72 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:21 pm

Wasn’t thinking of The Athletic Director, but some position of responsibility in the department.

Oh and by the way, maybe we should put the torches and pitch forks away, at least for now. Lehigh 76....Loyola 72.
Go figure. Lynch ineffective again. Parolin, Taylor, and Fenton star. Would have been a walk, but our 21 turn overs kept it close. And thank you to the Greyhounds for their 19 to’s and 48% from foul line. On to the spotted ones next weekend.

Sorry Bison, Brett didn’t blow this one. And by the way, are the pitch forks still out in Lewisburg?

Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:59 pm

Those Saturday stats were straight outta the Pugliese era.
TMH

Post by TMH » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:26 pm

Sundayamqb wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:59 pm Those Saturday stats were straight outta the Pugliese era.
I remember that era...ouch!!
In my senior year ('74-'75) Lehigh went 1-23. Their only win was against Gettysburg.

I'm not sure but I think Lynch got into foul trouble really early. Parolin played great in relief, so he got the bulk of the minutes.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:33 pm

The last year Gburg was D1 I think
toddcudd

Post by toddcudd » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:34 pm

RichH wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:06 pm .Not so sure his demeanor is all that suitable for an AD.
Popping in, cuz everything sucks, so why not?

Would like to understand this thought better. At a PL school, I'd think that "turning kids into fine young men" would be the ideal AD mindset. While it is only a part of coach qualifications. The "being a good coach" part is pretty important too. What am I missing re: Doc for AD?

While it pains me to admit it 😉, our furry prairie stomping guest is absolutely correct. Doc has dramatically under-performed as a coach. The Kempton-Price-Ross-Leufroy era should have resulted in... something. Maybe a bunch of somethings.

Also, re: recruiting - losing an all-time record number of transfers cancels out recruiting success, IMO.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:59 am

Hello Todd. When it comes to transfers, that has become the bane of coaches all over this level. Bucky Bison and many mid majors have lost stars to power fives or high mid majors.

But I agree with your point that Doc's results, in light of the recruits he and his staff have attracted, have been disappointing. As a student from '68 -'72, my point of reference in basketball is from the dark era. My expectations need to be recalibrated. The most painful recent failure was losing the Holy Cross finals game with a full house at Stabler, 3/9/16......