Patriot League Championship

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
Bison_137

Re: Patriot League Championship

Post by Bison_137 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:40 pm

TMH wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:18 pm There is always a strong lure of coaching Division 1 but perhaps even more convincing, coaching at your alma mater.

Just my opinion.
If he continues his success, he likely will get D1 offers from west coast programs. His predecessor jumped directly to a western D1 school. There are a lot of jobs available between the MWC, WCC, WAC, Big West, and Big Sky. Over 40 D1 programs in the west.

After 10+ years on the west coast, I guess it depends on how much he likes it - and also how much his wife, born and raised in the west, likes it.

TMH

Re: Patriot League Championship

Post by TMH » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:11 pm

Bison_137 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:40 pm
TMH wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:18 pm There is always a strong lure of coaching Division 1 but perhaps even more convincing, coaching at your alma mater.

Just my opinion.
If he continues his success, he likely will get D1 offers from west coast programs. His predecessor jumped directly to a western D1 school. There are a lot of jobs available between the MWC, WCC, WAC, Big West, and Big Sky. Over 40 D1 programs in the west.

After 10+ years on the west coast, I guess it depends on how much he likes it - and also how much his wife, born and raised in the west, likes it.
I have no idea where Matt's career path is going to go. Much of this conversation is wishful thinking but this East Coast-West Coast thing is kind of silly to me. Matt spent his entire life in Washington until deciding to come east to Lehigh. Not only did he spend his 4 years playing here but also the next 3 coaching for Lehigh. After 1 year trying another school, he came back for another 5 year stint eventually the Associate Head Coach. Brett was really young and at the top of his career when Matt left so he decided to cut his teeth back home.

Spokane is about 1,300 miles from San Diego. It's a good plane flight back to Julia's roots from either San Diego or Bethlehem. I see no reason why Lehigh would not be high on his places to come back to.

Just my opinion.