2021-22 season rumors......

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
jimk72

2021-22 season rumors......

Post by jimk72 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:16 pm

Heard along the way from a usually reliable source: 2021-2022 OOC schedule will include three power conference teams..... Rutgers, Syracuse, and Virginia. And also early reports are that 6'8" 280# J.T. Tan is back and finally healthy after losing freshman year to a foot injury, adding additional muscle underneath.

Near impossible to anticipate how we will do this year. Still a very young roster. And in my opinion still searching for a strong point guard to run the show.

TMH

Re: 2021-22 season rumors......

Post by TMH » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:42 am

Thanks for the info. I was wondering about the status of Tan's health. He is a very talented big body. Together with Lynch and Parolin, we become pretty well set in the front court.

I have not been shy in stating that during this Covid ridden year, the advantage for teams with a strong veteran presence would be exponentially magnified against the younger teams. (See lacrosse).

Lehigh basketball was definitely young and lost their 2 year PG. It is hard enough for freshmen trying to make the transition to the college game, yet take away much of their practice time esp in a sport that demands synergy with their team mates. With that being said, I expect some significant improvement in Sinclair's game. He will be pushed by a couple of freshmen with really good resumes. I'm looking forward to seeing how we progress in this area. With Wilson returning, this team has a lot of potential but I will refrain from making any predictions. The fun is in the journey.