Columbia (home, game 5)

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
CHIP72

Columbia (home, game 5)

Post by CHIP72 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:43 am

I don't see a thread for this game, but I was at Stabler Arena for the contest and it was good to see the Mountain Hawks come away with a 79-72 win. It felt like Lehigh was close to opening the game up and putting Columbia away at a couple different points in the 1st half. The Lions deserve credit for not blinking, and eventually turning a 13 point deficit midway through the 1st half into a one point lead (59-58) with about 7 1/2 minutes left in the 2nd half. But the Mountain Hawks reasserted their dominance, went on a 10-0 run to take a 10 point lead, and had the game in hand in the last few minutes.

I liked Lehigh's inside offensive play last night; though they missed some easy shots it seemed like they had their way in the paint against Columbia for most of the game. They also generally contested most Columbia shots. Good win for the Mountain Hawks, and good in general they were finally able to get in the win column.

jimk72

Re: Columbia (home, game 5)

Post by jimk72 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:14 pm

Columbia isn't a great team, but they're not horrible either. We did show improvement in ball security (13 to's). Only saw two out and out bone head passes. Weakest metric was rebounding, giving up an alarming 15 offensive boards (41-32 edge to the Lions overall). But its a win.........

On to Charlottesville! Hoping we play our best game of the year. Happy Thanksgiving to all. A lot to be thankful for compared to last year, even with the masks...
Bison_137

Re: Columbia (home, game 5)

Post by Bison_137 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:33 am

Fwiw, Lafayette best Columbia 73-50 tonight in NYC.