Monmouth game....

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
jimk72

Monmouth game....

Post by jimk72 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:33 pm

One of the worst played D1 games I can remember. Out of control play, bad passing.....and 21...yes TWENTY ONE turnovers, just for us! Monmouth had 12. And we still won, mainly because Monmouth is not very good. And we shot the lights out when we didn't throw the ball away. But its a win......

To be fair, J.T.Tan led the turnover parade with 5, but was the game's leading rebounder with 9. He worked hard for every one. Tan (6'8") was out sized by their bigs, 3 @ 6'9", as well as 6'10" and 7'1"....

Up next, Maryland Eastern Shore in Princess Anne, Md. We need to play a clean game to beat this traditionally scrappy group of "Shore Hawks".

ngineer

Re: Monmouth game....

Post by ngineer » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:37 pm

Yes, I was there among the 'throng' of about 350. I laughed when I got home and my wife asked how the game was, as I described it as "entertaining" but not because the quality of play was good. As mentioned, I couldn't believe the poor control we had of the ball and lack of coordination as a unit on the court. We have some very good talent, but very 'rough around the edges'. I look forward to the two big frosh getting better. They bring a much needed physicality Lehigh has lacked for awhile, but at the moment are not ready for 'prime time'. We had some great outside shooting..Taylor was sensational and Higgins, Whitney, and Sinclair have nice shots, too. Tan tries his best, but he is so out-sized. Looks like an offensive tackle out there! Colgate beat Monmouth by 20, (as well as beating Syracuse) so we can see who will rule the roost this year, unless they run into a cold 'trey' night.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:41 pm

ngineer wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:37 pm Tan tries his best, but he is so out-sized. Looks like an offensive tackle out there!
When was the last time we had a basketball player who played football, too?

The OL could use some help.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:43 pm

+++