What's wrong with LU WBB?

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
LU808

What's wrong with LU WBB?

Post by LU808 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:28 pm

Ladies are on an improbable losing streak. The last four games should have been wins.

Ella Stemmer has only 15 point total in these games. That's NOT gonna set the table for a great year. It appears she has lost her mojo, is injured or ill. Sure hope it corrects itself quickly because we can't afford to fall behind in this League.

Justafan

Re: What's wrong with LU WBB?

Post by Justafan » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:23 pm

Here is some data for you

This year's team has only played one game against a team with a winning record...Bowling Green (lost)
Lehigh is ranked #3 in the nation in 3 point shots attempted.
They are ranked #159 in 3 point shooting %
Lehigh has only taken 1 less 2 point shot than 3 pointers.
As a team Lehigh is shooting 31.4% from the 3 which equates to 47.1% from inside. They are shooting 53.1% inside. When we are on, we will win. When we are not, we will likely lose.

We never really change so teams are becoming better prepared to take away our offense.

We are a pretty deep team, lacking a real superstar. I would love to see us play a pressure defense together with our up tempo play and rotate the lineup freely. I don't think there is a team in the PL ready for that.

Just my opinion.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:48 pm

To me, just 'firing threes' is not playing basketball. It is certainly a necessary part of the game, in today's world, but crisp passing and ball movement to the open player with a good shot is critical.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:32 pm

Don't tell that to the NBA....
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:32 pm

Justafan wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:23 pm Here is some data for you

This year's team has only played one game against a team with a winning record...Bowling Green (lost)
Lehigh is ranked #3 in the nation in 3 point shots attempted.
They are ranked #159 in 3 point shooting %
Lehigh has only taken 1 less 2 point shot than 3 pointers.
As a team Lehigh is shooting 31.4% from the 3 which equates to 47.1% from inside. They are shooting 53.1% inside. When we are on, we will win. When we are not, we will likely lose.

We never really change so teams are becoming better prepared to take away our offense.

We are a pretty deep team, lacking a real superstar. I would love to see us play a pressure defense together with our up tempo play and rotate the lineup freely. I don't think there is a team in the PL ready for that.

Just my opinion.
+1
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:39 pm

So the Iowa woman's star, last week week hit a 30-35 foot three pointer at the end of a game. All the networks were highlighting this play, like it was the greatest of all time.

WTF. I am not the BB fan you guys are. But I expect there are at least 5 games a week, somewhere a 3 point shot from that distance where a girls HS hits that shot at the last second to alter the games status. (break a tie, create a tie, reverse the leader.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:27 pm

I loved the 3 pointer back when it first became a thing (ABA, then NBA, then college).
I hate it now. Totally different game. Make it 3 points only from beyond half court.