Navy game

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
ngineer

Navy game

Post by ngineer » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:28 pm

Same old song. blowing a ten point lead with 12 to play. My nickname for team is "hands of stone". Key turnovers losing possession leading to fast break points. Yes, we were missing Whitney-Sidney, but Navy had a couple starters sitting due to foul trouble. A good team has a good bench. Parolin had a tough game underneath. Good to see him back, but outside shooting was bad again, especially the trey. Many of these losses should have been wins. smh.

adcs2

Re: Navy game

Post by adcs2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:04 pm

Yeah, gave up a nine point lead in last 3 mins of first half and then blew the aforementioned double-digit lead in the second. Not a good trend.

Navy's Benigni is a good player (32 points) and only a sophomore ... yikes.
Justafan

Post by Justafan » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:02 pm

ngineer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:28 pm Same old song. blowing a ten point lead with 12 to play. My nickname for team is "hands of stone". Key turnovers losing possession leading to fast break points. Yes, we were missing Whitney-Sidney, but Navy had a couple starters sitting due to foul trouble. A good team has a good bench. Parolin had a tough game underneath. Good to see him back, but outside shooting was bad again, especially the trey. Many of these losses should have been wins. smh.
Just a slight correction TWS played yesterday. Higgins is still out. He thinks another week or so. I would be very surprised.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:38 pm

Justafan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:02 pm
ngineer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:28 pm Same old song. blowing a ten point lead with 12 to play. My nickname for team is "hands of stone". Key turnovers losing possession leading to fast break points. Yes, we were missing Whitney-Sidney, but Navy had a couple starters sitting due to foul trouble. A good team has a good bench. Parolin had a tough game underneath. Good to see him back, but outside shooting was bad again, especially the trey. Many of these losses should have been wins. smh.
Just a slight correction TWS played yesterday. Higgins is still out. He thinks another week or so. I would be very surprised.
That's what I originally thought, but I recall hearing the announcers referring to TWS being 'missed'. Maybe I misinterpreted the comment.