Lehigh-American

We ain't rebuilding anymore. But we need a little more to take the next step.
TMH

Lehigh-American

Post by TMH » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:38 pm

First: I want to express my sincere condolences to Emma Grothaus and the entire Grothaus family on the sudden passing of her mother Erica Grothaus a the very young age of 49.

This is the second time the Lehigh Women's basketball family has had to face such a tragedy in the last 2 years.

With that being said, the young women from Minnesota came up very big for her. Hottinger is really showing some confidence. Kramer is already a pretty special player and Walker some very key 3 pointers when most needed.

RichH

Re: Lehigh-American

Post by RichH » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:07 pm

Our prayers are with Emma and her family. I wish I had better words.

Game was a moving.tribute for the family. Kramer, Hottinger,Walker and Steele impressed me.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Game e. W. 89-71
16. 3 pointers. A lot of fun. LU.used a big 2nd period to put this game away. AU stayed competitive otherwise.
4-0. A nice start for such a young aquad.
TMH

Post by TMH » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:53 pm

Claugherty and Hottinger have made huge strides since last season. I wonder if it another year os seasoning or finally getting the minutes needed to polish their games....or maybe both.

As hooting day like yesterday can be an amazing weapon if it is not totally relied upon. The magic can come and go quickly. A 3-point shot can get you back in the game quickly but perhaps more importantly, it forces the defenses out giving you a nice passing or driving lane to work with. Big tests next week vs Bucknell.