Lasalle blowout.....

We ain't rebuilding anymore. But we need a little more to take the next step.
jimk72

Lasalle blowout.....

Post by jimk72 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:59 pm

Last night at Stabler, in a stark coaching contrast to our men's program, the Lady Mountain Hawks moved to 8-1 after destroying Lasalle 106-60. The Explorers (now 3-6) ain't great, but they're not awful either. Up next, the Pitt Panthers, Sunday at 2PM in Pittsburgh.

In just her second season coach Micir has biult an offensive machine that hit over 40% from three last night, coupled with a tough man to man defense. If you have a chance, get out and see this team. They are well worth your time!

Justafan

Re: Lasalle blowout.....

Post by Justafan » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:05 pm

The game against LaSalle was certainly a very entertaining game to watch.

Personally, I'm being cautiously optimistic. This year, the athletic department has assembled perhaps the weakest schedule in a long, long time. Of the opponents we played so far, only Bowling Green (our only loss) has a winning record. Two of them (Delaware and Drexel) are at .500. We beat each by 1 point.

Looking forward, only Boston U and Colgate have winning records both at 5-3.

Pitt tomorrow will be another piece in the puzzle of how good we are. They are currently 5-5. Interestingly, Rider beat Boston U but lost to LaSalle by 30.

I very much agree that this is a fun team to watch. They are very, very deep and there seems to be a different leading scorer every night.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:47 pm

jimk72 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:59 pm Last night at Stabler, in a stark coaching contrast to our men's program, the Lady Mountain Hawks moved to 8-1 after destroying Lasalle 106-60. The Explorers (now 3-6) ain't great, but they're not awful either. Up next, the Pitt Panthers, Sunday at 2PM in Pittsburgh.

In just her second season coach Micir has biult an offensive machine that hit over 40% from three last night, coupled with a tough man to man defense. If you have a chance, get out and see this team. They are well worth your time!
She has had much success, but lets remember she is working with a lot of players recruited by Sue T. I have no doubt that she will continue to find success. Program wins will attract talented players to the Mountain.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:41 pm

What a start to the season. I plan to get over there on the 30th for LaSalle.
Justafan

Post by Justafan » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:50 pm

I think you meant Rider. See you there.