FERRARI DEALERSHIP IN IOWA

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
LU808

Re: FERRARI DEALERSHIP IN IOWA

Post by LU808 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:48 pm

bkcbrau wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:42 pm Three brothers…….how about football?

LeRoy, Dewey and Lucious Selmon
Huey, Louie and Dewy "Duck"

Toast

Post by Toast » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 am

Brands must really want to win if he's willing to get in bed with that lot.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:19 am

Maybe at first blush. But look how Austin DeSanto matured under Brands. Not perfect but tons of progress. No reason to think they didn't came to an understanding prior to signing what the boundaries are, not just for the wrestlers but the father as well. Can't shut the old man down completely because parents will be parents. Have to treat them all fairly. Besides, I would think AJ, should he matriculate, would be extra careful to toe the line. There are plenty of guys on that team who can influence these guys for the good.

And yes, they want to win badly.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:31 am

Toast wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 am Brands must really want to win if he's willing to get in bed with that lot.
No doubt about it, and I also believe he enamors the role of (( DR. PHIL )) with some of these kids. :roll:

Many of his recruits over time have displayed that "EDGE", or moxie, as some would reference,..and that's fine as long as Brands can smooth over some of those rough edges, the kid is manageable, and shows the competitive desire, and the WILL to win that is the staple of the Hawk-Eye ideology. Thought he did a fine job with DeSantos, who unfortunately was autistic, adding to the rigors of discipline, etc. Their impressive record thru the ages, and WRESTLING acumen aside, I have always considered Gable/Brands Teams,..THE SHOW, and with the addition of them Bros. from Texas, THE SHOW will go on,.. to the delight of the Carver-Hawkeye faithful :lol:
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:36 am

Toast wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 am Brands must really want to win if he's willing to get in bed with that lot.
No doubt about it, and I also believe he enamors the role of (( DR. PHIL )) with some of these kids. :roll:

Many of his recruits over time have displayed that "EDGE" :evil:, or moxie, as some would reference,..and that's fine as long as Brands can smooth over some of those rough edges, the kid is manageable, and shows the competitive desire, and the WILL to win that is the staple of the Hawk-Eye ideology. Thought he did a fine job with DeSantos, who unfortunately was autistic, adding to the rigors of discipline, etc. Their impressive record thru the ages, and WRESTLING acumen aside, I have always considered Gable/Brands Teams,..THE SHOW, and with the addition of them Bros. from Texas, THE SHOW will go on,.. much to the delight of the Carver-Hawkeye faithful :lol:
mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:37 am

Having lived through a similar nightmare, perhaps Tom is sympathetic to A.J.
HFO

Post by HFO » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:22 am

Redemption is deserved process for all, especially the foolish young.

Everyone is in need of redemption. Our natural condition was characterized by guilt and “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”. Redemption has freed us from guilt. Book of Romans cliff notes.

This young man has to carry his guilt of anything he did or did not do. The process played out and the young woman chose not to go through prosecutorial avenue. OSU took its stance. This is an opportunity for a new beginning to live an honorable life or to be on a path permanent degradation.

I have seen many stories of redemption in my life. Maybe it will be for the positive that all those boys are under the strict discipline and regime of Brands. Cael has tried it with some athletes and it did not always work out. Brands sees an opportunity for his program and if Iowa chooses to go down that path, you can believe what is going on now that they will put the resources behind Brands to run a tight ship.

The nature of being in the spotlight, especially after criminal charges are filed, is that there is no room for error in the future. One must always be on their best behavior.
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:14 pm

Have heard NOTHING from Brands on any of the Ferrari Bros. Gag-order must be in effect.. :roll:

2ND Semester begins Dec. 18th, we shall see! :shock:

Interesting thread follows as to the (( + )) VS (( - )) impact..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijkTPF2lAtk
Toast

Post by Toast » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:54 am

To everyone talking about DeSanto, I raise you Andrew Long.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:25 am

Without context Toast.

That was a St Cael thing. He had Long at ISU and tho he was troubled, he took him to PSU so they could win that first title. I'll wager, Cael said "never again."