U23 Nationals

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
D3 for LU

Re: U23 Nationals

Post by D3 for LU » Sat May 29, 2021 2:38 pm

1-0 Luffman at the break (shotclock point.)
Will Wood get his offence going?
D3

Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat May 29, 2021 2:39 pm

Mmmmm, yeah he does! :shock:
With a series of gut wrenches all across the mat + one stepout to finish it.
11-1 and 3rd place for Jordan. 8-)
D3
Last edited by D3 for LU on Sat May 29, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sat May 29, 2021 2:41 pm

Wood does zippo in the first period, then strikes fast and hard in the second for a tech and third.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat May 29, 2021 2:44 pm

That's it for the Hawkineers, right?
8th for Hines
5th for Herceg
and 3rd for Wood.

D3
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat May 29, 2021 2:51 pm

Third and deciding bout @ 86Kg on mat 3.
14 sec. into the bout, and there's already a challenge for 1pt for Wilson as Foca went oob.
Koll gets the challenge and the points are reversed.
D3
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat May 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Some controversy happening in the Koll/Foca camp... they thought it was 5-5 at the end, as Foca thought there was an attention and 1pt to make it 3-5 prior to Foca's TD... there was no point awarded, and it was 2-5.
TD made it 4-5... close but NO cigar.
A good series, though.
Foca will be trouble next season.
D3
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat May 29, 2021 3:09 pm

Going to check out the PanAm matches... tootles! :mrgreen:
D3
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:16 pm

From the world famous Spladle, who's never seen this level competition in his own athletic life:

>>I guess Lane’s wrestling translation did speak for itself, as now he packs his bags and heads home..... kiss my a** Denny....and your often meaningless pull and lean on historical facts.... 6x medalled in junior and cadet.... probably medalled in greco in elementary school too...maybe won a takedown tournament in middle school....i havent seen a lot of neutral offense from him against good competition have you?>>

He knows more freestyle than any four of us posters combined. But only you challenged his "translation" after you salivated before it "how" interesting the bout would be. So I guess your manhood as analyst was hurt

LaMont won 4 bouts 45-1, blowhole ( and I'm definitely not interested in kissing anyone's arse, especiaally yours)
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sat May 29, 2021 9:56 pm

>>>That's it for the Hawkineers, right?
8th for Hines (3-3)
5th for Herceg (6-2)
3rd for Wood (6-1)

Somebody pass a hankie to whiz wit who decried Lehigh's lack of freestyle: Seymour, Abe, Hoffman were all 3-2; Lane 2-2 and Bryant the only guy below .500. Missing were two of our top 3 returning in '22 (Humphreys, Paetzell), plus our 2nd-best freestyler recently 2nd at Jr Nationals, Jake Logan.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun May 30, 2021 6:41 am

DRD, who am I, just a casual observer of the sport, to argue with you? But allow me to make a few observations.

Lane was 1-2, not 2-2. Hines got a walkover into the 7th place bout. While it had some stars, overall the field wasn't particularly strong. I watched almost all of the LU bouts live or on replay. How many did you watch? I saw LU guys on top make no attempt to turn and looking like they didn't know what to do. I saw LU guys getting easily laced and gutted. I saw LU guys repeatedly get in on legs and then lose points because they got flipped overhead, but when LU guys tried the same move it usually failed and they gave up points. I saw LU guys who were equal to or better than their opponents in folk style lose badly, eg. Hines to La Joie, Lane to Macias. And please don't tell me what guys who weren't there would have done.

There's a certain prior LU National Champion and multiple AA who I've watched in several recent freestyle tournaments who has not fared well at all. And while other wrestling clubs and training centers have and are getting big names on staff and having their wrestlers make noise in freestyle, I don't see that with the LVWC.