Rob Koll to Stanford?

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
whiz wit
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Rob Koll to Stanford?

Post by whiz wit » Sat May 29, 2021 6:10 pm

I don't see anybody trumpeting Cornell's demise. It's an interesting potential story but, if true, I suspect that Cornell, with it's machinery long in place and Grey well positioned and a very good coach to continue things, will do quite well without Koll.


D3 for LU
Posts: 883
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:37 pm
Location: Tobyhanna, PA
Contact:

Re: Rob Koll to Stanford?

Post by D3 for LU » Sat May 29, 2021 6:16 pm

... time, alone, will tell.
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
mh1
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Rob Koll to Stanford?

Post by mh1 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:40 pm

Take it easy Ken, many “ not all” of these wrestlers went to Ithaca because of Koll’s recruiting abilities. So yes some will have tough decisions to make. I suspect if this story is true it has to do with a decision by Koll to keep his wrestlers engaged and wrestling. Was it the mall nonsense or keeping Spartan front and center to keep his athletes sharp , it appears that higher ups in the Ivy frowned on his positive initiatives. I suspect there were negative implications for his looking forward attitude.
jdalu75
Posts: 1365
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Rob Koll to Stanford?

Post by jdalu75 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:54 pm

I checked with a usually reliable non-Lehigh source and he tells me nothing's final yet. I take that to mean that talks are ongoing but no agreements have been reached.
7,060,347
whiz wit
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Rob Koll to Stanford?

Post by whiz wit » Sat May 29, 2021 7:07 pm

jdalu75 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:54 pm I checked with a usually reliable non-Lehigh source and he tells me nothing's final yet. I take that to mean that talks are ongoing but no agreements have been reached.
Willie also says it's a done deal. Maybe the papers haven't been signed but it seems as if that's a more formality.
NothingMeaningful
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:57 am
Contact:

Re: Rob Koll to Stanford?

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sat May 29, 2021 7:16 pm

mh1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:40 pm Take it easy Ken, many “ not all” of these wrestlers went to Ithaca because of Koll’s recruiting abilities. So yes some will have tough decisions to make. I suspect if this story is true it has to do with a decision by Koll to keep his wrestlers engaged and wrestling. Was it the mall nonsense or keeping Spartan front and center to keep his athletes sharp , it appears that higher ups in the Ivy frowned on his positive initiatives. I suspect there were negative implications for his looking forward attitude.
I'm sure that Koll has been a great recruiter, as you say. However, his recruiting spiel probably was not "come and wrestle with a Rob Koll-coached squad," meaning they weren't coming to Cornell to work with Koll. He's the car salesman, not the car mechanic.

I hope we can all get the whole true story about what has occurred with Koll and the Deans and with Cornell and the Ivy League.
jdalu75
Posts: 1365
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Rob Koll to Stanford?

Post by jdalu75 » Sat May 29, 2021 7:35 pm

whiz wit wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:07 pm
jdalu75 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:54 pm I checked with a usually reliable non-Lehigh source and he tells me nothing's final yet. I take that to mean that talks are ongoing but no agreements have been reached.
Willie also says it's a done deal. Maybe the papers haven't been signed but it seems as if that's a more formality.
https://gostanford.com/news/2021/5/29/w ... coach.aspx

It's a done deal.
7,060,347
jdalu75
Posts: 1365
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Rob Koll to Stanford?

Post by jdalu75 » Sat May 29, 2021 9:23 pm

7,060,347
Oracle
Posts: 383
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:47 am
Contact:

Re: Rob Koll to Stanford?

Post by Oracle » Sun May 30, 2021 8:23 am

A quick scan of the Cornell roster shows a few missing guys: Vito, Yianni, Jon Loew,,,,,,,,why aren't they listed?
Berryessa is.
NothingMeaningful
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:57 am
Contact:

Re: Rob Koll to Stanford?

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sun May 30, 2021 8:41 am

Oracle wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:23 am A quick scan of the Cornell roster shows a few missing guys: Vito, Yianni, Jon Loew,,,,,,,,why aren't they listed?
Berryessa is.
Because they weren't enrolled in school this past year. Berreyesa, Darmstadt, Fernandes, and others were enrolled (but didn't lose eligibility). I also wouldn't put much stock in their academic year: just because someone is listed as "Senior" doesn't mean they only have one year of eligibility left. For instance, Fernandes is listed as a Sophomore, but he has four years of eligibility left. You'll see some of these guys take a fall semester off so as to not graduate before their eligibility runs out.

All the guys we watched doing freestyle this year were not enrolled: Vito, Yianni, Ramirez, Foca, Loew, etc.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Spladle1989 and 30 guests