Ryan Anderson

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
mh1

Re: Ryan Anderson

Post by mh1 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:54 am

Too bad Zach Trampe is transferring out, they would have made a really strong 1-2 punch in the lineup.

Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:05 pm

Interesting.....my daughter graduated from a private girls school in Buffalo area with a 3.85 GPA and a 1390 on her SAT's (out of 1600, 710 math, 680 English) and was literally involved in everything but was waiting listed for SUNY-Binghamton which many consider the "premier" state school in NYS (usually Binghamton or UB, since Cornell Ag is part of Cornell it is not usually included in the discussion)........

Wrestler's must get very special admissions consideration at SUNY-Binghamton lol........
TMH

Post by TMH » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:40 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:05 pm Interesting.....my daughter graduated from a private girls school in Buffalo area with a 3.85 GPA and a 1390 on her SAT's (out of 1600, 710 math, 680 English) and was literally involved in everything but was waiting listed for SUNY-Binghamton which many consider the "premier" state school in NYS (usually Binghamton or UB, since Cornell Ag is part of Cornell it is not usually included in the discussion)........

Wrestler's must get special admissions consideration at SUNY-Binghamton lol........
There is a whole lot of truth in that post considering his reported academic issues at Iowa State.

Admissions, this past year must have been a circus and I suspect it may have a ripple effect. This is certainly not true of all colleges but many have found themselves with unbalanced classes due to applicants wanting to take a gap year rather than have their freshman year be virtual. The following year they are looking for admission along with the new incoming applicants. Transfers are a way of evening out the classes. Just a thought since it was a strategy we employed at my fraternity when the classes became too imbalanced, we would pursue sophomores.

Another interesting Covid observation though is the spike in grades in a virtual environment. Just a thought.

There is a plethora of Bethlehem Catholic wrestlers in the EIWA. Just saying.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:55 pm

I hear what you are saying but she will be a junior this year at Ohio University.....all this was the year before covid (new meaning for B.C.)......she's very practical (i.e. frugal) and was determined to finish undergraduate with no debt, thus eliminating most of the "elite" private schools she could have gone to..........I told all 3 of my kids my wife and I would pay $25-30K per year max for their undergrad, anything else they would have to take on in student loans......thank god we have paid 11 out of the 12 years and now only have 1 year left to go.......
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:58 pm

He may well have turned around at Centenary. Both the AD and Coach wrestled at Pburg. Both told me they were working on his academics. Mainly getting him to work on it. It actually sounded like they succeeded. This was the year before last.
mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:02 pm

I told all 3 of my kids my wife and I would pay $25-30K per year max for their undergrad, anything else they would have to take on in student loans.

- What a guy! Max...and not a dime more!
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:09 pm

might have gone a dime more......doubt it though.....three kids, 12 years of private high schools and 12 years of college.....that's enough.....everyone handles things differently though......not a big believer in the coddle your kids till they are 30 (or older) way of life these days.......but to each his own.......