Covid's not finished with us yet

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Re: Covid's not finished with us yet

Post by Spladle1989 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:36 pm

:roll: …. You can tell the general age of posters on this board by the amount of bingo being played

Oracle

Post by Oracle » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:56 am

Let's stick to wrestling. There are educated, reasonable people on both sides. Take all COVID opinions to Twitter please.
Chico

Post by Chico » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:19 pm

Oracle wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:56 am Let's stick to wrestling. There are educated, reasonable people on both sides. Take all COVID opinions to Twitter please.
No Oracle, maybe educated, but definitely not reasonable are those not vaccinated.
Two thoughts I didn't hear brought up:
We are getting closer to herd immunity which if we get vaccinated numbers into the 80% will have a huge reduction in the virus. But we have to get there first.
Secondly, I find myself slipping (forgetting to bring a mask or forgetting social distance). So easy to do, and with summer here, and many states eliminating stores' requirement for masks, it is important to be on our toes.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:29 pm

Chico wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:19 pm
Oracle wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:56 am Let's stick to wrestling. There are educated, reasonable people on both sides. Take all COVID opinions to Twitter please.
No Oracle, maybe educated, but definitely not reasonable are those not vaccinated.
Two thoughts I didn't hear brought up:
We are getting closer to herd immunity which if we get vaccinated numbers into the 80% will have a huge reduction in the virus. But we have to get there first.
Secondly, I find myself slipping (forgetting to bring a mask or forgetting social distance). So easy to do, and with summer here, and many states eliminating stores' requirement for masks, it is important to be on our toes.
I'm guessing that the Delta variant, being multiple times more contagious, bumps up the percentage needed for herd immunity. In addition, there are way too many communities with pathetically low vaccination rates (I'm looking at you, Arkansas) that are nowhere near herd immunity.