The Olympics

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Toast

Re: The Olympics

Post by Toast » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:57 pm

Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:34 pm

Toast: glad to see you again. That is unless you have been posting under another name!

Very good cartoon, although I prefer "Get off my lawn."
Toast

Post by Toast » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:44 pm

Oracle wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:34 pm Toast: glad to see you again. That is unless you have been posting under another name!

Very good cartoon, although I prefer "Get off my lawn."
I've just been lurking. New job and new baby taking up all my posting time! But I'm always lurking. I leave it to mookie to stir the pot.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:40 pm

Back to the original question, what will you be watching? Swimming, Track & Women's Gymnastics.
Was turned off by freestyle years ago when they did the ball grab. May give another chance.
Have no need for Men's basketball or soccer in Olympics.
Skateboarding, sport climbing & surfing? Good grief!
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:56 pm

The US women’s team didnt just lose, that was an old fashioned butt kicking…. Luckily for them they face New Zealand next who hasn’t played an official game together in 16 months since covid lockdown began….. then it will come down to whether they can put it together and beat Austrailia to advance, which will not be a rollover….

Wrestling will be interesting but how much will they show? Beach volleyball is entertaining, although the Norwegian team trying to take the fun out of it…..other than that it’s interesting viewing but not must see tv for me….
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:09 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:56 pm The US women’s team didnt just lose, that was an old fashioned butt kicking…. Luckily for them they face New Zealand next who hasn’t played an official game together in 16 months since covid lockdown began….. then it will come down to whether they can put it together and beat Austrailia to advance, which will not be a rollover….

Wrestling will be interesting but how much will they show? Beach volleyball is entertaining, although the Norwegian team trying to take the fun out of it…..other than that it’s interesting viewing but not must see tv for me….
Covid will end up impacting the Olympic Games in a lot of ways including the various amounts of down time over the last 16 months. Sweden didn't really shut down in the early stages while trying to get to herd immunity which didn't happen. Whether that had an impact on this game is anyone's guess but I suspect it was a factor.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:56 pm The US women’s team didnt just lose, that was an old fashioned butt kicking…. Luckily for them they face New Zealand next who hasn’t played an official game together in 16 months since covid lockdown began….. then it will come down to whether they can put it together and beat Austrailia to advance, which will not be a rollover….

I believe the Olympic channel will show pretty much non-stop wrestling.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:17 pm

The US Womens soccer team has played 9 international matches over the last 6 months leading up to the Olympics including a 1-1 tie with Sweden….. I wouldn’t do them the favor of giving them that excuse…..
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:51 pm

The Olympic Channel is great for the Olympics and major olympic sport events but I pay up the butt to get it. Have to go from basic Verizon to the next level, which is a big price increase.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:43 am

Toast wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:57 pm Image
:D The Thrower of TOAST is BACK!!!
Agree with Oracle. I'm glad to see you back in the posting groove again! 8-)

Cheers!
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.