PJ Casale

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
NothingMeaningful

Re: PJ Casale

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:49 pm

mookie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:47 pm Yet somehow they've fit in duals with American, Army, Princeton and Columbia.
And Penn State has *six* duals with non-B1G teams, not including the National Duals. Go figure.

gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:51 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:49 pm
mookie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:47 pm Yet somehow they've fit in duals with American, Army, Princeton and Columbia.
And Penn State has *six* duals with non-B1G teams, not including the National Duals. Go figure.
Which doesn't leave much of anything, right? Why do we always assume we should be on the schedule as opposed to others? Princeton and Columbia are closer and there are now ties with RTCs.
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:07 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:49 pm
And #24 Lehigh is the only school in those six that made Intermat's pre-season top 25. I'll be on the edge of my seat to see how the Sacred Heart dual turns out.

https://gopsusports.com/sports/wrestlin ... le/2021-22
https://intermatwrestle.com/rankings/college/Team
Chico

Post by Chico » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:28 pm

Gimp wrote:
"Which doesn't leave much of anything, right? Why do we always assume we should be on the schedule as opposed to others? Princeton and Columbia are closer and there are now ties with RTCs."

A number of people made good posts why they would like a Rutgers match and why that could be very good for the Lehigh program and I me as well.
And your best rebuttal was the above?
I would think coming from a different RTM might be a reason to have a school from another RTM not, not to.
And you really think Bethlehem is so far from from New Brnswick it can't be considered?
Well, I guess that's more reasening then Denny's "Duh".
It's a good issue and should considered.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:37 pm

Chico wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:28 pm Gimp wrote:
"Which doesn't leave much of anything, right? Why do we always assume we should be on the schedule as opposed to others? Princeton and Columbia are closer and there are now ties with RTCs."

A number of people made good posts why they would like a Rutgers match and why that could be very good for the Lehigh program and I me as well.
And your best rebuttal was the above?
I would think coming from a different RTM might be a reason to have a school from another RTM not, not to.
And you really think Bethlehem is so far from from New Brnswick it can't be considered?
Well, I guess that's more reasening then Denny's "Duh".
It's a good issue and should considered.
I have no idea what you're trying to say. It wasn't a rebuttal at all. Our opinions here don't mean anything to the coaches- especially of schools we have nothing to do with. What's an RTM? I was saying Princeton, Columbia and Rutgers have or recently had ties with their RTCs (regional training centers). Princeton and Rutgers shared theirs until recently when Rutgers went its own way and now Princeton is sharing with Columbia.