How To Watch Olympics on TV

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
drd5748

How To Watch Olympics on TV

Post by drd5748 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:38 am

I'm half a day into researching how to explain to fans how to dial up wrestling on their cable network. Not done, but some things I've found:

1.) There's a media guide piece from USA Wrestling as a fan guide; unsure if available on their site

2.) A reminder that LUWN listed all sessions (Greco, both freestyle) in Japan Time - so you have to calculate your time (EDT is 13 hrs behind Tokyo) - (so the 1st freestyle is Aug. 3 10:00 pm to 12:30 am) ....NOTE: I haven't figured out yet how to watch Mats A, B and C listed separately in cable listings within the same time slot.

3.) ACCESS: Speaking into my cable "listening device" "Olympic Wrestling" ... on my Comcast Xfinity, it took me to a daily link to all broadcast times -- incl. TWO channel options:
..... 848 NBC Sports Network and
..... 822 Olympic Channel ..... both are shown in separate time slots.

Once all times are confirmed, I can tape all sessions of interest to watch the next day (or ' live')

More later but all suggestions are welcome, since many of you are better at this than I am
.... it looks like there's also Internet coverage.

gimpeltf

Re: How To Watch Olympics on TV

Post by gimpeltf » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:27 am

drd5748 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:38 am I'm half a day into researching how to explain to fans how to dial up wrestling on their cable network. Not done, but some things I've found:

1.) There's a media guide piece from USA Wrestling as a fan guide; unsure if available on their site

2.) A reminder that LUWN listed all sessions (Greco, both freestyle) in Japan Time - so you have to calculate your time (EDT is 13 hrs behind Tokyo) - (so the 1st freestyle is Aug. 3 10:00 pm to 12:30 am) ....NOTE: I haven't figured out yet how to watch Mats A, B and C listed separately in cable listings within the same time slot.

3.) ACCESS: Speaking into my cable "listening device" "Olympic Wrestling" ... on my Comcast Xfinity, it took me to a daily link to all broadcast times -- incl. TWO channel options:
..... 848 NBC Sports Network and
..... 822 Olympic Channel ..... both are shown in separate time slots.

Once all times are confirmed, I can tape all sessions of interest to watch the next day (or ' live')

More later but all suggestions are welcome, since many of you are better at this than I am
.... it looks like there's also Internet coverage.
https://content.themat.com/2020-OlympicMediaGuide.pdf