Interesting Ivy Intentions

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Interesting Ivy Intentions

Post by Oracle » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:34 am

Seems like Nothing Meaningful missed my point. Whether it was the vaxx or the possibility of another shut-down, it's all intermingled and related. Leave it to the nit-pickers to parse -- it's a problem for the Ivy League moving forward. Max Dean, Dean Peterson and Rob Koll.....big name AA, big name recruit, big name coach.....all departed due to Ivy Covid policy -- IMO.

Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:20 am

NothingMeaningful wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:31 pm
Mountain Hawk wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:12 pm
And yes, Freedom.
F*** off.
not here to parse the assholes, but I can easily spot the brain dead liberal morons.
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:27 am

Oracle wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:34 am Seems like Nothing Meaningful missed my point. Whether it was the vaxx or the possibility of another shut-down, it's all intermingled and related. Leave it to the nit-pickers to parse -- it's a problem for the Ivy League moving forward. Max Dean, Dean Peterson and Rob Koll.....big name AA, big name recruit, big name coach.....all departed due to Ivy Covid policy -- IMO.
This just seems like a whole lot of speculation to me. But then again, it's the slow part of the season. Athletes transfer all the time. Take a look at the transfer portal activity. I'm guessing the vast majority of it is due to a reason other than COVID.

Cornell and I'll assume the entire Ivy League has a policy very similar to Lehigh's as far as COVID. Dean would have left here too. PJ Casale committed to Lehigh in his junior year, much like Peterson did at Princeton. He de-committed too. Are you speculating it was COVID? Do you have inside knowledge on why Koll left Cornell for a program that was being de-funded?

Some wrestlers choose their college because of an athletic dream. Others choose it as a ticket to a great education and future career. I'll give Pat a lot of credit. Lehigh didn't cancel wrestling but they as well have. The issues that transpired during last "season" were mind boggling. Everyone is back and ready to wrestle.

Just my opinion.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:13 pm

drd5748 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:51 pm Something meaningful is the fact that Gabe Dean did confirm in his video interview with Flo that the brothers anti-vax stance was the key reason for leaving. Few would doubt that it was more complex than that but it was clearly the one publicly specified reason.

Oddly enough, last Nov/Dec the only guarantee I got verbally or in writing was that "the season could not begin before Jan. 1" ....one cancellation (Hofstra) into "the season" the only guarantee finally came when Pitt showed up and wrestled us.
I would think some kids at Cornell would be more intelligent than this. Frightening.
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:58 pm

DF2002 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:13 pm
drd5748 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:51 pm Something meaningful is the fact that Gabe Dean did confirm in his video interview with Flo that the brothers anti-vax stance was the key reason for leaving. Few would doubt that it was more complex than that but it was clearly the one publicly specified reason.

Oddly enough, last Nov/Dec the only guarantee I got verbally or in writing was that "the season could not begin before Jan. 1" ....one cancellation (Hofstra) into "the season" the only guarantee finally came when Pitt showed up and wrestled us.
I would think some kids at Cornell would be more intelligent than this. Frightening.
95% of the on-campus folks at Cornell are smarter than this, including more than 25,000 students, and are fully vaccinated.
mh1

Post by mh1 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:00 pm

Ken,

Rah Rah siskumba. You can now tell me to go fuck my self
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:44 pm

mh1 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:00 pm Ken,

Rah Rah siskumba. You can now tell me to go fuck my self
Please go out and get some fresh air. I'm not sure what happened to everyone's maturity level.
There was nothing offensive at all with the comment. Max Dean is not representative of the Cornell population. Statistically Lehigh and Cornell equate with regard to vaccines. It's called conversation.

The season can not come quick enough.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:39 am

Interesting note to all this, Vito Arujau tested positive for covid, experiencing mild symptoms and is out for world team trials Sept 11th...would guess he is vaccinated based on Cornell policies but who knows, hope he hasn't been rolling with Yianni lately......
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LU in the Hub

Post by LU in the Hub » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:52 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:39 am Interesting note to all this, Vito Arujau tested positive for covid, experiencing mild symptoms and is out for world team trials Spept 11th...would guess he is vaccinated based on Cornell policies but who knows, hope he hasn't been rolling with Yianni lately......
Hate to see that. Vito has been wrestling great and was definitely one of the contenders. Last I saw of him he was at the pre-Olympic camp (Yianni was there too) helping Helen Maroulis get ready, among others.
TMH

Post by TMH » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:22 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:39 am Interesting note to all this, Vito Arujau tested positive for covid, experiencing mild symptoms and is out for world team trials Sept 11th...would guess he is vaccinated based on Cornell policies but who knows, hope he hasn't been rolling with Yianni lately......
Can you tell me where you saw that? I haven't been able to locate anything.