Football looked good

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Football looked good

Post by Oracle » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:30 pm

Mountain Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:10 am
Oracle wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:53 am Serious question: why is this appearing on the wrestling forum when Lehigh has a football forum? Please let's end this thread. Thank you.
Feel free to skip over any thread you choose. See ya at Goodman with the other 12 fans paying to watch this team!
>>>>>>>>> You don't find it strange football is on the wrestling site when there is a football site? And I shouldn't have to skip over it because it shouldn't be here to begin with. What's next Women's Softball?

Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:30 pm

Oracle wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:30 pm [quote="Mountain Hawk" post_id=38360 time=<a href="tel:1630941033">1630941033</a> user_id=416]
[quote=Oracle post_id=38359 time=<a href="tel:1630940015">1630940015</a> user_id=456]
Serious question: why is this appearing on the wrestling forum when Lehigh has a football forum? Please let's end this thread. Thank you.
Feel free to skip over any thread you choose. See ya at Goodman with the other 12 fans paying to watch this team!
[/quote]

>>>>>>>>> You don't find it strange football is on the wrestling site when there is a football site? And I shouldn't have to skip over it because it shouldn't be here to begin with. What's next Women's Softball?
[/quote]

It’s a hard world.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:05 pm

We have a wrestler running back on the football team— that ties it all together for me.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:25 pm

LUEngineer wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:05 pm We have a wrestler running back on the football team— that ties it all together for me.
If playing football for LU turns out to be an unhappy experience maybe he'll devote himself to wrestling full time - or transfer again.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:42 pm

Well, I vividly recall all the online crap Andy Coen took at the beginning and ends of his 13-yr career. After starting 20-24 first 4 yrs he was 31-6 the next four before things went 'South' the last five, despite a 9-3 season in Yr. 11

Shit happens in the PL; for every game there's 1 winner, 1 loser. The days of Lehigh league dominance appear gone. Andy had seven winning yrs; eight yrs 1st or 2nd in the league--two of those while 4-7 and 5-7.

Which says a lot about how mercurial (ridiculously inconsistent) the PL has become. In desperation after losing almost all Ivy games, we now have fans who believe the PL will be saved via scholarships. Time will tell more than the anonymous jackals will, those who feast on real live flesh, in so doing virtually ruining the enjoyment of countless others. Enjoy your flesh - and if you don't know on a wrestling board that I am Denny Diehl, you must be a very new fan -- for that I should thank you. But I still prefer vegetables and the flesh of dead animals.
DF2002

Post by DF2002 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:25 pm

drd5748 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:42 pm Well, I vividly recall all the online crap Andy Coen took at the beginning and ends of his 13-yr career. After starting 20-24 first 4 yrs he was 31-6 the next four before things went 'South' the last five, despite a 9-3 season in Yr. 11

Shit happens in the PL; for every game there's 1 winner, 1 loser. The days of Lehigh league dominance appear gone. Andy had seven winning yrs; eight yrs 1st or 2nd in the league--two of those while 4-7 and 5-7.

Which says a lot about how mercurial (ridiculously inconsistent) the PL has become. In desperation after losing almost all Ivy games, we now have fans who believe the PL will be saved via scholarships. Time will tell more than the anonymous jackals will, those who feast on real live flesh, in so doing virtually ruining the enjoyment of countless others. Enjoy your flesh - and if you don't know on a wrestling board that I am Denny Diehl, you must be a very new fan -- for that I should thank you. But I still prefer vegetables and the flesh of dead animals.

Not a new fan of Lehigh wrestling by any means but I don’t know the people on this forum by name.

If you really care to know who I am, I’m happy to email you. I get your newsletter.

Calling honest critics “jackals” is hardly less harsh than the criticisms they offer against Gilmore. Their criticisms are based on some objective facts. You may not agree with them but at least recognize that any reasonable person would much rather be celebrating Lehigh victories rather than finding good cause to criticize the coach. I certainly would love to have reason to celebrate and eat my words which I would enjoy far more than “live flesh.”
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:58 am

DF2002 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:25 pm Calling honest critics “jackals” is hardly less harsh than the criticisms they offer against Gilmore. Their criticisms are based on some objective facts. You may not agree with them but at least recognize that any reasonable person would much rather be celebrating Lehigh victories rather than finding good cause to criticize the coach. I certainly would love to have reason to celebrate and eat my words which I would enjoy far more than “live flesh.”
Nature vs nurture, nature always wins.
Our AD hired the wrong football coach and the results are on the field. Doesn't matter if the jersey says "Lehigh" or not. Lots of rah-rahs on Lehigh forums get a bad case of the "sads" when anyone points out an obvious truth that might not fit the rah-rah narrative.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:31 am

If it's an "obvious truth" (your words) why do you feel the need to point it out in such a way that's it's classless? Criticism doesn't have to be harsh. For example, pointing out that Jaret Lane (back to wrestling) could use some better offense from neutral against the better guys in his weight class is both an observation and a criticism. Would anyone be offended by this statement of fact? Maybe, but it's pretty benign. When posts are not benign -- and anonymous -- the poster should expect to defend it. Claiming censorship or some other rah-rah nonsense is not owning it. Either own it or walk it back --- but don't attack someone for calling out an anonymous mean-spirited post. That's a 1-way street.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:06 am

Oracle wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:31 am If it's an "obvious truth" (your words) why do you feel the need to point it out in such a way that's it's classless? Criticism doesn't have to be harsh. For example, pointing out that Jaret Lane (back to wrestling) could use some better offense from neutral against the better guys in his weight class is both an observation and a criticism. Would anyone be offended by this statement of fact? Maybe, but it's pretty benign. When posts are not benign -- and anonymous -- the poster should expect to defend it. Claiming censorship or some other rah-rah nonsense is not owning it. Either own it or walk it back --- but don't attack someone for calling out an anonymous mean-spirited post. That's a 1-way street.
Good example of the "sads" previously referenced.

They'll be no walking anything back and it doesn;t really matter who MH is.
The facts are these, and MH does not believe they are in dispute:
1) He has a very poor record since arriving at lehigh and over a long previous PL coaching stint he was 9 games under .500. This is something you can google. Google is a search engine that you can access by typing google.com into any web browser.
2a) The team does not appear to have the personnel to execute a successful game plan. Goes to recruiting. Have you watched?
2b) perhaps the game has passed him by and its all scheme. If its not 2a, then perhaps its 2b. Perhaps its both.

Lots of good young minds out there (the Holy Cross OC for example) and we went with proven mediocrity at best. Now getting our just desserts. What part of this do you rah-rahs not get?

MH is glad you've warmed up to talking football on this forum.
D3 for LU

This forum is off the rails...

Post by D3 for LU » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:16 pm

... uh, shall we cue up G& R's Welcome to the Jungle right about now? :P
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.