Starting Lineup

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Starting Lineup

Post by Oracle » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:47 am

DRD has been consistent on this forum for over 2 decades. He does not apologize for his opinions. Spladdle is a relative newcomer by comparison who has some good wrestling observations....stick to those and lose the indignant, holier than thou character humiliation of DRD. It's not amusing to anyone but you.

Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:05 pm

Oracle wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:47 am DRD has been consistent on this forum for over 2 decades. He does not apologize for his opinions. Spladdle is a relative newcomer by comparison who has some good wrestling observations....stick to those and lose the indignant, holier than thou character humiliation of DRD. It's not amusing to anyone but you.
Or express your view as you see fit on a public forum. Character humiliation is usually earned on social media. Don’t forget to stop by the “Football Looked Good” string!
LU808

Post by LU808 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:35 pm

All these DRD back and forth personal attacks is making this Board less enjoyable everyday!

Moderator....can you put an end to this?
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:43 pm

Am I sometimes too protective of our athletes? No doubt but often surprised by how many questions/observations cross a line with the kids' feelings and/or privacy rights. If I cite one thing then ask a related question, I should be thinking about clicking 'do not send.'

A suggestion on a truce: try avoiding Centralia as a 'funny' reference about age, or about anything for that matter. I would never joke about Love Canal because it was close to someone. The truth? Age itself makes a pretty inane topic, especially on this Forum. Three of you emailed me privately in the last 1+ mo, concerning life threatening hospitalizations. Was asked for prayers.

Two made it but Dave DeAngelo, LU '65, my friend & former Eco GA in '67, LWC officer, died 2 days ago -- just 16 days after emailing me this: "Not much info on Owen Quinn or Remy Brancato; neither listed in WIN." Stage 4 cancer got him, not age. Same thing that killed my best friend in HS/LU - at just 48.

I get to publish the obits - obviously more often of late, trying to squeeze in some humor -- that's how people want to be remembered. Pat Santoro lost a sister-in-law, around 30; her heart stopped. Pat's brother, Rich, lost a Becahi wrestler buddy very young, Ed Cummins, who asked to discontinue his LUWN due to his condition (ALS). I comp'd him, said 'read it as long as you can' (about a yr). Have done this for older readers, too; done for them, it's not about me, but bearing crosses comes w/the job. We're in it together, pray for everybody's good health.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:17 pm

Not meant as amusement, meant as fact, and it is if you’re not staring thru Denny colored shades…. As always look who starts the issues…. It aint me, it’s the self proclaimed white knight who tries to find any slight even if there isnt one to jump on his horse…. Whatever carry on…
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:08 pm

So I challenged the reference to Centralia, in reference to 1 of the saddest stories in E.Pa history.

Got this reply >>.Not meant as amusement, meant as fact>>

Yet I was responding to this: >>>You go champ lol, over 300 people, damn you could sell out a high school gym…. In like Centralia, in like the 60’s, on like a tuesday nite……but hell yea….moving on>>>

So I'm supposed to ignore the lol which clearly meant having fun at someone's expense?
How on earth anyone would bring up Centralia is incomprehensible; stand-up comedians, maybe

Where are facts in your "meant as fact"?
BTW, the largest dual crowd in the '60s - anywhere - was a Wed nite LU at PSU, 7923.
Yep, this old fart was there as an LU freshman. Don't shoot me while I try to protect our wrestlers from undue curiosity.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:05 am

1) Definitely having fun at your expense

2) As you are well aware this started because of your white horse mount on the Matt Rodriguez question, not your indignant Centralia stance, which is overly dramatic and cringe worthy…..but well done at moving the target Mr Clinton

3) the comments “concerning “ fact versus amusement were about you sir… but of course you’re too self absorbed to realize that

Onward? LOL
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:03 am

Dave DeAngelo was instrumental in getting the Lehigh Wrestling Club membership to over 1000 members during Dick Moll presidency. He worked tirelessly for the benefit of Lehigh Wrestling along with his wife Bobbi who ran events for decades. His loss really hurts & he was also a great Military veteran who loved his country. RIP Dave & heartfelt condolences to Bobbi from the wrestling community.

Thanks for posting info Denny.