Nick Feldman

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
mookie

Nick Feldman

Post by mookie » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:29 am

Lehigh was Feldman's top choice but there was an 11th hour "communications" issue that changed his mind in Ohio State's favor. Seems like Lehigh is having great difficulty reloading from the Preisch and Kutler years. Hoping middle of the road guys will suddenly blossom in college is not a winning strategy.

The Edmond Ruth train wreck certainly didn't help.

drd5748

Re: Nick Feldman

Post by drd5748 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:07 pm

>>> Lehigh is having great difficulty reloading from the Preisch and Kutler years. Hoping middle of the road guys will suddenly blossom in college is not a winning strategy.

BZZZT ! Wrong Jeopardy Answer 8-) Had you chosen an earlier era (like Hammy/Rey), better shot at being right
With Preisch not Top 100 recruit(of course, neither was Robt), how do you know our future? Pat has on his current more Top 50 recruits than (I think) nearly any past roster. Yes, only Wood came Top 20 but tell that to Hump who's tougher than owl shit

--Jordan Wood 1 yr left
---All but Josh have 4 yrs to develop
Connor McGonagle
Thayne Lawrence
Gaige Garcia
Manzona Bryant
Drew Munch
--Josh Humphreys
Malyke Hines
Jake Logan
We've got others 75-100, too - how about some patience, Mookster? (I know, no one's getting younger)

You want more Top 10s? Talk to our trustees, who haven't authorized "matching stipends" w/Power Fives. They pay more cash above full ride - by a lot. Wanna' bet their marketing depts will now arrange more NILs ??
Try comparing their surplus football revenue to ... um, er ....ours
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:16 pm

Hey Mook, am thinkin' your post raises questions:

"In the official interview with "Eleven Warriors," Feldman said he choose Ohio State over a list of schools that at one time included Big Ten foes Michigan and Purdue, as well as Navy and Virginia Tech."

I know we were very interested in him but Lehigh is oddly omitted. It looks like the family was looking at 100% free rides, and then some. We have learned that the longer it takes to get a blue chip, the lower the odds. Waiting this long would imply holding out for 'something more.' No Ivies or Lehigh mentioned
mookie

Post by mookie » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:35 pm

I was told they were very close. He's a man child that would have generated much needed buzz. Admittedly patience isn't one of my strengths.

It's put up time for McGonagle, Lawrence, Bryant, Logan & Munch.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:15 pm

>>It's put up time for McGonagle, Lawrence, Bryant, Logan & Munch.

... Interesting term, but over the next coupla years will be ample time for some to develop. We can only hope
... As much as you & I clearly care won't contribute much except for donations.
... And you're hardly alone in impatience ... within our older wrestling fans, it seems like our Lehigh motto seems to be re-defined as "Manly wrestlers are the servants and interpreters of our nature"
... My fellow NY Giants fans? Unprintable.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:41 am

I would think Mac Church had to be pinging Lehigh’s radar hard, but commits to Va Tech…
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:12 am

Haven’t heard much about our one & only true stud recruit who transferred from Notre Dame to Saucon Valley.

Does anyone know if he fully recovered & ready to wrestle his senior year?
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:15 am

LUEngineer wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:12 am Haven’t heard much about our one & only true stud recruit who transferred from Notre Dame to Saucon Valley.

Does anyone know if he fully recovered & ready to wrestle his senior year?
He didn't wrestle last year because of the transfer. He's good to go that way this year. I have seen him wrestle a bit this year so I assume the physicality is ok.
mh1

Post by mh1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:44 am

Looks like Crookham is registered for the Clarion Open
TMH

Post by TMH » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:14 pm

Just wondering if we need another HWT in the room. I'll assume he is another of the 220# group since Cole Deery was the stud HWT at Malvern Prep.