Spooky Nook 11/14

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Re: Spooky Nook 11/14

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:27 pm

Saddle up and ride Denny, i hardly insulted or poked Gimp, if anything it was the reverse with his ridiculous sardonic question concerning a very clear statement…..

You can bluster and muster all you want, doesnt change the results which i am well aware you are trying to make not the issue…. They looked unprepared, out conditioned, and lacking in motivation….. anything but that…..37% winning percentage other than the 3 winners against 8 or so teams, none of which are ranked in the top 25 intermat rankings tournament teams and only Oregon State in top 25 dual teams….even if you include those 3 winners we barely crawl over 50%…. So there are 78 D1 teams or there abouts….lehigh wrestlers other than the 3 winners won 37% of their matches against teams in the bottom 2/3’s of NCAA D1 wrestling, teams outside the top 25…. And hey at least one team wasn’t even D1…..

But saddle up and spout, anything to attempt to bluster over reality….

gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:51 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:27 pm Saddle up and ride Denny, i hardly insulted or poked Gimp, if anything it was the reverse with his ridiculous sardonic question concerning a very clear statement…..
It was clear. And dumb.
I might just want to use your brilliant analysis this weekend.
Something like this- Our guys that aren't our top guys aren't as good as our top guys.
Amazing.
I might be able to get you a job on ESPN with that type of thinking.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:06 pm

Funny when the old guys opinion isn’t taken as “gold” how whiny they get….

that “analysis” is hardly what i was saying or whiz was saying…. I’m saying our team lacks any sembelence of depth no matter how much i hear posters pushing the “quality in the room” line….also that not only do we not have depth but 50% of our starting lineup can only win a combined 37% of their matches against middle to lower tier competition, actually probably lower than that if you add up the records of 133,141, 149, 157, 174, 184 and 197 “starters” at Spooky Nook….. which at one time would have been embarrassing for Lehigh, but now apparently is stellar and to be lauded…..

But sure go with the simpleton “are other guys aren’t as good as our good guys” ….. makes you sound ummmm, intelligent?
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:18 pm

So then he resorts - again - to citing our old age as fans when we're a helluva lot closer to the LU avg than you are. Our parents always instilled in us some modicum of respect for our elders ... have known Gimp since NCAAs '71 when we rode to Auburn together; all four of my passengers subscribe to LUWN to this day.

You wouldn't know LU fan relationships like that, would you? Enjoy your excessive malcontent. All of us know what happened in Lancaster. It speaks for itself - but, naw, if it did you'd exist even less than anonymous
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:28 pm

You are like Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men…. Acting all indignant when modern day is laid out to him….. Self righteous and indignant…..the truth, you can’t handle the truth…. Lol….

Analytics, is that still around? I thought that went away with the internet…..

If you would just have said we know we sucked and it speaks for itself earlier you would have saved us all this torment and poor Gimp having to somehow craft a way to defend how bad the team wrestled , we won 3 titles against Big10 errr, ACC errr, top EIWA teams errr, well they were Div 1 teams mostly….and i have great Lehigh relationships, still get together every year for a dual with my fraternity brothers, usually 30 or so strong….. honestly thats all I really need out of Lehigh anymore, the bond of fraternity brothers/life long freinds….my wife and family takes care of the rest….unlike you I don’t need to be a program ass kisser to garner the acceptance you so desperately crave…..
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:07 pm

We don't owe you naysayers any mirror of how you feel - and there's little saving from your posts

You act like you're a national sports editor and continue to belittle the competition that we did beat -- as if an anonymous naysayer who never wrestled has a valued opinion on them.

You belittled Bailey's 5-0 W/L at Clarion for no good reason (nobody overstated his win) - now you duck out of sight when 1 he beat won the Bearcat Open (you're probably self-satsified when he lost two in Lancaster.

You mocked my having 350 paid LUWN readers but now boast of having 30 fraternity brothers (who are bound to you for life by Greek tradition). I was Chi Phi newsletter editor for 10 yrs; a trustee for another decade.

You haven't confirmed that you wrote that Lane only beat guys "he was supposed to beat -- and pin"
He's not Ben Askren - there was nobody that "he should pin" But free speech has no limits, nor much dignity.
You actually wrote that you would "ride me until I'm saddle sore" -- kind of a creepy post,most would think
I've been asked to leave you alone. I tried but like my backyard rose bush, keep feeling a little prick
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:35 am

GOOD GRIEF! It's going to be a long season. I thought MH's "most excellent" post at 8:51 am (page 14 of this thread) would put an end to this inane bickering. BUT, NOOOOOO!
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:35 am

drd5748 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:07 pm We don't owe you naysayers any mirror of how you feel - and there's little saving from your posts

You act like you're a national sports editor and continue to belittle the competition that we did beat -- as if an anonymous naysayer who never wrestled has a valued opinion on them.

You belittled Bailey's 5-0 W/L at Clarion for no good reason (nobody overstated his win) - now you duck out of sight when 1 he beat won the Bearcat Open (you're probably self-satsified when he lost two in Lancaster.

You mocked my having 350 paid LUWN readers but now boast of having 30 fraternity brothers (who are bound to you for life by Greek tradition). I was Chi Phi newsletter editor for 10 yrs; a trustee for another decade.

You haven't confirmed that you wrote that Lane only beat guys "he was supposed to beat -- and pin"
He's not Ben Askren - there was nobody that "he should pin" But free speech has no limits, nor much dignity.
You actually wrote that you would "ride me until I'm saddle sore" -- kind of a creepy post,most would think
I've been asked to leave you alone. I tried but like my backyard rose bush, keep feeling a little prick
Wow, i can smell your desperation from here, have you literally cried out for acceptance your whole life.

There are so many exaggerated, overblown and flat out incorrect statements in that post i wouldn’t know where to begin lol.
BP-LU87

Post by BP-LU87 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:50 am

:roll:
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:48 pm

>>>have you literally cried out for acceptance your whole life.

no, unlike you I've put my name or initials on everything I've done since starting a lawn mower business at 14