Spooky Nook 11/14

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
LU808

Re: Spooky Nook 11/14

Post by LU808 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:25 pm

You guys realize that all the back and forth personal attacks have taken all the joy out of this Board, or are you all completely oblivious?

drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:21 pm

Yes. Although denigrating athletes who happen to have a bad day takes a lot of joy out of the joy which is already lowered by the 'disappointing' result itself.

So said the Buffalo Bills, the #1 team in Oct, after losing to 1 of the worst 2 teams.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:02 pm

yawn..... let me know when you're done....the saddle sores must be getting rough, but ride on Butch…..

I don’t know about Sundance but i’m not oblivious, just tired of his drama….oh your’e so mean, oh how can you pick on these athletes, oh me oh my…. Read back thru what i actually say about everything other than The Lone Ranger himself….. and tell me, really , what is so OMG awful…. The answer is nothing….but he sees me as his path to program defender glory by creating drama that is unnecessary every time i post anything….. do any of you really buy this schtik or do you all just say “well thats just Denny being Denny, don’t understand why that Spladle has to be so mean towards good old Tonto”

I am not one of “the old timers” so I don’t have any reason to just roll my eyes and say “well thats just Denny being Denny”…….. maybe if i was i would get it…. But sorry, no….
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:32 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:02 pm yawn..... let me know when you're done....the saddle sores must be getting rough, but ride on Butch…..

I don’t know about Sundance but i’m not oblivious, just tired of his drama….oh your’e so mean, oh how can you pick on these athletes, oh me oh my…. Read back thru what i actually say about everything other than The Lone Ranger himself….. and tell me, really , what is so OMG awful…. The answer is nothing….but he sees me as his path to program defender glory by creating drama that is unnecessary every time i post anything….. do any of you really buy this schtik or do you all just say “well thats just Denny being Denny, don’t understand why that Spladle has to be so mean towards good old Tonto”

I am not one of “the old timers” so I don’t have any reason to just roll my eyes and say “well thats just Denny being Denny”…….. maybe if i was i would get it…. But sorry, no….
God God Spladle - can’t you EVER give it a rest?!?! You are like a little child who ALWAYS has to get in the last word.
Your posts are often excellent, and your analysis often spot on, but then you go off on these little pissing wars and it SUCKS!!! Just ONCE be the bigger person and don’t respond. And STOP with this old timer’s crap!
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:55 pm

When you look around the world today it should be considered high compliment to be called an old-timer.
MH will own that one when he gets there.
Asa Packer

Post by Asa Packer » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:01 pm

1981 grad. Not sure if that makes me an old timer.
Have met Denny in passing, so understand "Denny being Denny".
But "spladle being spladle" has reached new levels (lows?) of ridiculous.
My 2 cents. GOOD GRIEF! Just stop.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:25 pm

Should i be the bigger person because you know Denny can’t be? Otherwise that statement makes no sense…. And theres nothing wrong with being an old timer, unless you use it as an excuse to be a ….. well ok moving on….

And this won’t stop, till one of you actually comments/realizes exactly what i said above…. I’m supposed to just sit back and be the bigger man while Denny slaps his ass and gallops around like the lone ranger….. you realize he’s said nothing for a day just waiting for “his boys” to have his back right? I was being the bigger man i stopped posting a couple times but Denny just can’t live with that, not unless he comes out as the shining knight with his 350 subscribers (lol) having his back….

This was over a day ago …. But you’ll fired it right back up again…..well done you
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:48 pm

I began posting on an AOL board in 1990, on the NY Giants. Always bothered me then, anonymous fans dumping on real athletes, coaches, GMs. So I honed my technique 30 yrs ago: "here, critic: let's see if you can take it as well as dish it out, when you're the target." 80% of them proved they couldn't ... and how could I possibly defend a pro athlete they hated? It wasn't fun but it was what it was.

I never earned a dime from the NY Giants and it wasn't easy to defend QB Dave Brown. And the only saddle sore I've ever experienced was a few weeks of riding horses on AZ and CO

I'll let the rest of the board handle baby sitting; oops, sorry, I meant Real Man sitting
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:54 pm

Gentlemen, choose your weapons
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:02 pm

See what i mean? Nailed that one huh lol…. Wasnt even finished typing and he had responded, as soon as one of his boys jumped to his defense which he was waiting for….

You can fool many Denny, or fool them enough that they tolerate you…. But i see right thru your need for acceptance and approval..,. Sad really, but its the life you’ve chosen…. I will no longer comment on this post stream…. But keep an eye for a comment on another post and the gilded one’s omnipresent sanctimonious response to whatever i post… Go Denny! Oh wait its go Lehigh right? Sometimes it gets confusing on here…..