Pitt

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Re: Pitt

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:58 am

Name how many of those occurred with 3 seconds left in a match with winning wrestler losing at the time? You can spout statistics and history about defensive falls till your blue in the face…. Anyone who has spent any significant time in or around a wrestling room knows how rare that was…..

legger

Post by legger » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:50 am

**** I have been very quiet during the early season dealing with moving from PA to NC. First it was a great match. Second Spladle although knowledgeable has become a pain in the butt, with his incessant snarky comments. You don’t have to respond to everything Denny posts. Nobody really cares. Give it a break.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:19 am

Flat as a pancake. You wrestle until the bout is over....a fall always ends it. Not even close to being a fluke move. Hines used his length to his advantage and knew what he was doing. Hines deserved to win and did. Really great!

Very happy for Meyer. Hopefully he sees he can scrap with anyone and uses this as a springboard. So far, the added weight has helped Wood. He is looking very good early on. Slinger is not a soft touch but Jordan really took it to him.

Remember, it's not even Thanksgiving. A loooong way to go.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:15 am

But Denny has to reply to everything I post correct? I mean do you see any difference there?

How about this:

Denny believes he is not a "crying out for need and acceptance horse riding program ass kisser".

I believe I am not a "whiny, blowhard, always negative , the sky is falling rabble rousing outsider twit" (although I did actually graduate from Lehigh).......

and we both agree not to post any comments on what each other posts.....and we leave it at that? I'm good with that, will have no problem holding up my end........unless he doesn't.....

and by the way I never said Hines move was not intentional or not well done or a fluke, I said it was a once in a lifetime hail mary given the situation......kind of like Kyler Murray's 60 yard hail mary against the Bill's last year on the last play of the game for a touchdown.......sure it takes skill, sure it was intentional but the odd's of it happening? Not so much.......and I have clearly stated multiple times that Hines wrestled very well and was a great match for him either way.....

I thought as great as Hines and Meyer wins were, that MB4's match against Kemerer was the most positive match of the nite for this team moving forward.....
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:50 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:58 am Name how many of those occurred with 3 seconds left in a match with winning wrestler losing at the time? You can spout statistics and history about defensive falls till your blue in the face…. Anyone who has spent any significant time in or around a wrestling room knows how rare that was…..
2014 EIWA 174 Round of 16: #1 seed Elliot Riddick LBF to Andrew Maksimovic at 6:59. Riddick, leading 14-4 at the time, locked up a cradle and pinned himself while working for the fall.
https://www.flowrestling.org/events/500 ... ng=5485158

From the Lehigh Sports release:
Riddick came all the way back from pinning himself in the opening round Saturday, winning five straight bouts to finish third at 174. On Sunday, he posted three wins by decision, beginning with a 7-3 decision over Brown's Ricky McDonald and concluding with a 2-1 win over Frank Affronti of Hofstra to collect the EIWA's third automatic berth at 174. A takedown at the first period buzzer proved to be the difference in the win over Affronti.

"Those are the character rounds, when you need to come back after a loss," Santoro said. "It really started with Elliot. He scored something like 70 points this weekend and was up 14-4 in his first match and pinned himself. That was tough but he came back strong the next match and so on and kept putting points on the board."
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:01 am

Didn't see it but don't doubt it and about once every couple years a QB completes a hail mary to win a football game, or in this case every 7 years?....and by the way he pinned himself in the Riddick match, it wasn't any move initiated by the losing wrestler.......this concept really doesn't seem that difficult......are we saying its commonplace?

Actually the more I think about it I do vaguely remember it, I remember the complete look of disbelief on Riddick's face....
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:03 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:15 am
and by the way I never said Hines move was not intentional or not well done or a fluke, I said it was a once in a lifetime hail mary given the situation......kind of like Kyler Murray's 60 yard hail mary against the Bill's last year on the last play of the game for a touchdown.......sure it takes skill, sure it was intentional but the odd's of it happening? Not so much.......and I have clearly stated multiple times that Hines wrestled very well and was a great match for him either way.....

I thought as great as Hines and Meyer wins were, that MB4's match against Kemerer was the most positive match of the nite for this team moving forward.....
>>>>>> My post was not directed at you. It was a general observation/comment to anyone thinking otherwise.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:09 am

Well Oracle then I apologize, but it sure seemed like I was the only one accused of thinking along the lines of it was a fluke......which of course I never actually said nor implied.......unless someone was "looking" for that implication.....
mh1

Post by mh1 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:11 am

I also thought the Meyer match was well prepared for by the coaching staff. He actively tried to keep out of those deadly underhooks of Wentzel and his punishing rides. Coached him up well to be in a position to win. Fun day to be back at Grace!
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:25 pm

Compare this weekend to Lehi-Laf 2019. Football lost a winnable, should have won game. Princeton wrs upset us Sat night, Pitt upset us the next day.

At least that year, m+W swimming both beat Laf. now 30 and 18 years in a row.