EIWA

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: EIWA

Post by Oracle » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:14 am

NothingMeaningful wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:13 pm
mookie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:55 pm I'm interested in how Lane fares against Glory & Vito. He racks and stacks a lot of average wrestlers.
FWIW, wrestlestat doesn't think he'll do well: https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/wre ... lane-jaret

>>>>>>>> wrestlestat is for people who have nothing better to do than work on their IT skills. Vito tears through most opponents like a hot knife through butter.....with the exception of Glory. Vito has a rare combination of power and explosiveness....very quick when he commits to an attack -- and he goes hard when he does.

Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 am

Yeah, I agree with that.......wrestlestat good to use as a database to look at guys past records, head to head history and such......but for rankings and match predictor it's useless......

Yianni over shadows Vito a bit in the Cornell program, but in my opinion he is a lot more fun to watch wrestle than Yianni, less methodical and more buzzsaw.....that said Yianni not so bad to watch wrestle either when healthy lol.....what a match this was (from Matslap website):

"Yianni Diakomihalis (Hilton HS) decision Vito Arujau (Syosset HS), 3-2 OT, in the 99-pound NYS final in 2013. Diakomihalis rode out Arujau in the 30 second overtime stanza and handed him his only high school defeat. Both Diakomihalis (243-3 career) and Arujau (216-1) would go onto to win four state titles".

Both were 8th graders at the time, Yianni would have won 5 state titles but was injured and did not wrestle his senior year (elbow surgery). I believe all 3 of his NYS losses were as a 7th grader. Hilton and our high school went to all the same tournaments, was never a question if Yianni would win the title but if he would play cat and mouse for a tech fall or if he would just pin his opponent in 30 seconds or less, but he was such a likable kid there was never any issues with whatever he did.......

If anyone has a chance against Vito it would be someone like Lane who catches him being overly aggressive for a quick fall....not going to outpoint Vito.....stranger things have happened but would be a very very large ask.....
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:17 am

First of all, I agree Vito may end up at 133 --- maybe. If Spencer Lee looks vulnerable, he has a better chance to win it at 125.

Vito is way too powerful for Lane. IMO. Not going to get caught. IMO.
LU in the Hub

Post by LU in the Hub » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:12 pm

Gotta agree with both points above. Vito is fun to watch, and also one of the best 125s in the country. Although I've only seen him in freestyle recently, I think he's stepped it up a notch since the last time he wrestled in College. I give him a legitimate chance to beat Spencer Lee, especially with the injury factor.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:12 pm

>>>Glory rode Spencer like a rented mule in their dual two years ago. Lee still teched him

Somehow, the prissy in me doesn't like referring to 1 of the greatest of our time as a rented mule
Maybe Chairman of the Borax Mule Team.?

More amusing are predictions for a guy's next 4 yrs; I know it's what many do.
I attended the Buffalo Open when Beckman beat Nahshan Garratt while the guy who left Cornell for Penn (forget his name) won the tourney - but did little the next 5-6 yrs. Beckman got us 2 medals while the lowest rated of the 3 -- who finished HS at 112 -- turned into a monster, especially at 133.

God might know the future but I'd guess He doesn't bother to, until the time it arrives.
Back in '67, '68 we gushed about Koenig and Karabin. And Tepper. Speaking of God, the latter surprised us by becoming an int'l missionary. Bigtime
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:40 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:15 pm I gotta believe Vito is a 133 this year, unless they really feel Greg D is only going to be an average 125 due to his size…. I think Greg D will be very good, not national champion good but 2 time all-american good…..i just don’t think he’s a big enough 125, he’s like Darian Cruz without the crazy athleticism….but he will be good….
drd5748 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:12 pm More amusing are predictions for a guy's next 4 yrs; I know it's what many do.
I attended the Buffalo Open when Beckman beat Nahshan Garratt while the guy who left Cornell for Penn (forget his name) won the tourney - but did little the next 5-6 yrs. Beckman got us 2 medals while the lowest rated of the 3 -- who finished HS at 112 -- turned into a monster, especially at 133.

God might know the future but I'd guess He doesn't bother to, until the time it arrives.
Back in '67, '68 we gushed about Koenig and Karabin. And Tepper. Speaking of God, the latter surprised us by becoming an int'l missionary. Bigtime
He just can't help himself, did exactly what I predicted in the Spooky Nook thread....just Denny being Denny, spare me......
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:50 pm

drd5748 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:12 pm >>>Glory rode Spencer like a rented mule in their dual two years ago. Lee still teched him

Somehow, the prissy in me doesn't like referring to 1 of the greatest of our time as a rented mule
Maybe Chairman of the Borax Mule Team.?

More amusing are predictions for a guy's next 4 yrs; I know it's what many do.

June 2019, Death Valley NP, I took some nice pictures of A Borax Wagon Rig. Disappeared, maybe the heat???
Yeah Old Ranger, Boo his woeful replacement.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:34 pm

Well we get to see what lineup Cornell trots out tonite…. On ESpN + versus Stanford st 630 pm….Yianni versus Abas at 149 alone worth the watch (if they both wrestle)….