Stanford-Cornell dual...

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
D3 for LU

Re: Stanford-Cornell dual...

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:04 pm

184 | Jonathan Loew vs. Colbey Harlan

After a TD and sticking in the legs... he wins by fall w/ the ASSASIN!

25-3 as Cornell will win it tonite.

D3

Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:08 pm

197 | Jacob Cardenas vs. Nick Stemmet

Cardenas with a TD and an escape by Stemmet. Cardenas with another TD to lead 1st 4-1
Stemmet takes down

Cardenas scores 4 near fall and an escape by Stemmet. Cardenas leads after 2 8-2

D3
Last edited by D3 for LU on Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:11 pm

I have to say it sure looked like Griffith had 2 , i was surprised not over turned after review….
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:16 pm

197 | Jacob Cardenas vs. Nick Stemmet

Cardenas with a TD and an escape by Stemmet. Cardenas with another TD to lead 1st 4-1
Stemmet takes down

Cardenas scores 4 near fall and an escape by Stemmet. Cardenas leads after 2 8-2

Cardenas chooses bottom and escapes. Cardenas with a TD and 4 near fall. Escape by Stemmet and TD by Cardenas to win by TF 18-3 over Stemmet

30-3 CU

D3
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:21 pm

285 | Lewis Fernandes vs. Peter Ming

Fernandes injury default out to give Stanford gets 6 (tweaked knee) 30 -9

Big Red looking good out of the blocks. The B&W will have their work cut out for them (a LOT of work. :| )
D3
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:21 am

Have to say that the sportsmanship up in Cornell’s high school gym was pretty pathetic. I kinda remember some of the same things going on the last time we won up there but they have a band of idiots matside whose primary mission seems to be to chant “stalling” pretty much from the onset of a match until it’s end.
Topic 2 would be a comment on the Yianni match in which the ref cautioned and then penalized Yianni’s opponent twice in the first period when all I really saw either guy do was tie up and feign a bunch of half shots. Unwarranted point given there.
Also, wth was Yianni doing with the crying tears gesture at the end of the match? Was that directed at Koll or his opponent or was it directed somewhere else? Either way it was pretty classless from a guy who is one of the best around. I’m a fan of his talent but he lost me as a fan of his person after that bullshit.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:40 am

Maybe the guy leading the "stalling" chants was the same guy who was their radio announcer several years ago. Totally obnoxious homer and accused the LU coaches of teaching stalling. I think even the Cornell guys on the old forum were embarrassed and I believe the guy was replaced.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:56 am

not sure about the former guy but their announcer last night was one of the most biased, uninformed, and clueless announcers I've ever heard. Never made it past Yianni's match because of him really. After the 125 match I found him entertaining in a laughable sort of way but by the time 149 came around, the Cornell jock sniffing became intolerable.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:41 am

Gotta disagree on the stalling calls on Abas, thought he could have easily been dinged a third time in the first period, he was doing nothing but backing up and blocking…..the ref was atrocious, the locked hands call when they were in neutral was a total mind fart and the grabbing the laces call seems to me could have just as easily been called on Yianni for “loose equipment” or whatever the term for that is, I’ve seen that called before…the Vito match just seemed a mess of officiating and Griffith had the two at the edge against Ramirez with 13 seconds left…. Was ugly dual….

Somebody posted that’s the Spartan Wrestling Box all those guys were jumping around in acting like trained seals, not sure if that’s true….….and how many times did the referee have to warn the “red man” to stay back off the mat? The whole thing including the look of the gym was not great optics….Was strange to see Koll matside, usually he’s sitting in the stands working the alumni’s pockets during duals, letting assistant’s coach…..and yes the announcer was embarrassingly bad….combination of homer and no understanding what he was seeing….and how about the same 3 commercials for 2 hours….
Last edited by Spladle1989 on Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mookie

Post by mookie » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:32 am

Had to chuckle at Koll sitting matside "coaching", something he hasn't done in years. And agree with all the other comments but my primary takeaway from last night was the amount of premier talent on Cornell's roster.

Koll left the cupboard FULL.