Cornel Dual Meet

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
jdalu75

Re: Cornel Dual Meet

Post by jdalu75 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:51 pm

LU in the Hub wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:56 pm
D3 for LU wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:38 pm
My dear whiz wit... I do think you know who charliemunger is, over on the Cornell forum.

IF not... here's a hint. ;)
His forum posting name rhymes w/ Soupy Sales lion sidekick (the most hippest character on that show. :P )

D3
You have a good memory D3. I remember the names of those characters from Saturday morning, but not that the character was a lion.
I just remember White Fang and Black Tooth.

whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:54 pm

Triple D:

I had a suspicion about Charlie but thought he was too restrained to be the Lon Chaney of wrestling fora who we know. ;)
TMH

Post by TMH » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:28 pm

Side note to yesterday's dual meet with Cornell

I believe that yesterday was the first time that McGonagle wrestled a dual meet in front of fans at Grace Hall.
It came with the match on the line against the #8 team in the country. The place was rocking.

Welcome to the Snakepit
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:49 pm

The Snake Pit bit Grey yesterday & I agree that he deserved it & his lack of class showed from the minute he stepped into the arena with his tee shirt. Real classless on top of his whining!!

Pat looks professional for every match & is a class act that stands out. This combined with Grace Hall are the primary reasons high school studs should enroll at Lehigh versus virtually any other program.

Wrestling really does matter at Lehigh!!
Shadow1

Post by Shadow1 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:38 pm

agreed with Lehigh Engineer.
As the big red fan stated, the coach looked like a schlumph,

What an amazing and deserved victory for the Hawkineers.

Lane’s ride out during the second period was fantastic. If he could have connected his hands and cradled, it would have shook the world.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:57 pm

Perhaps Lane does get those hands clamped in March at EIWA championships!!

Good practice & clearly he is competitive.
ikeremix

Post by ikeremix » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:36 pm

LUEngineer wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:49 pm The Snake Pit bit Grey yesterday & I agree that he deserved it & his lack of class showed from the minute he stepped into the arena with his tee shirt. Real classless on top of his whining!!

Pat looks professional for every match & is a class act that stands out. This combined with Grace Hall are the primary reasons high school studs should enroll at Lehigh versus virtually any other program.

+1

Such an odd look for a head coach of a “top” program. The shirt looked like it was size 3XL. Made him look like a middle schooler, which I guess fit in with his whining. Bad look on both fronts
NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:10 pm

ikeremix wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:36 pm
LUEngineer wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:49 pm The Snake Pit bit Grey yesterday & I agree that he deserved it & his lack of class showed from the minute he stepped into the arena with his tee shirt. Real classless on top of his whining!!

+1

Such an odd look for a head coach of a “top” program. The shirt looked like it was size 3XL. Made him look like a middle schooler, which I guess fit in with his whining. Bad look on both fronts
What do the quotations around "top" mean?
ikeremix

Post by ikeremix » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:10 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:10 pm
ikeremix wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:36 pm

+1

What do the quotations around "top" mean?
It means nothing meaningful really ;)
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:25 pm

>>I can’t think of a tougher top guy than Humphreys in my mind over my nearly 60 years of following Lehigh wrestling?" I'll go with mark Lieberman, but no slight to JH

Both worthy consideration, along with Travis Doto and his cross-body power half ("now we'll see if this guy's body is capable of going in two directions at once") ... Mike Brown's power half also wicked, especially since he wasn't comfortable working to the side.