New (Temporary) Wrestling Ticket/Spectator Policy Announced

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
gimpeltf

Re: New (Temporary) Wrestling Ticket/Spectator Policy Announced

Post by gimpeltf » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:44 am

I think setting up there is more complicated. between the mat, baskets and TV. Probably not as much as whatever the rent is to zero but it would be something. LT only has to be changed once between Vball and wrestling.

Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:25 am

Does anyone else find the concept of the University charging one of their sports teams for use of a University facility ridiculous? When the Business School hosts a symposium, does the University charge the Rauch Business Center rent for use of their facility?

There are other ways to account for who's using Stabler and what the expenses are. I think the Admin knows wrestling alumni/supporters are generous and are taking full advantage of that fact.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:40 am

The administrative snowflakes probably consider wrestling a prime example of "toxic masculinity" and aren't about to do it any favors.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:27 am

Arenas that are also used for concerts are typically only partially under the University structure and are setup to rent. I know Stabler changed somewhat maybe 10 years ago since they do fewer concerts or other outside events so not sure where we stand. But I know when this happened the U was still charging high rates to use.
TMH

Post by TMH » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:04 pm

The situation as I know it is that virtually everything at Lehigh is considered a profit center. Whether right or wrong, that is how they establish budgets and analyze performance.

I'm not sure but I believe that basketball has the use of Stabler Arena built into their budget and wrestling has the use of Grace Hall built into theirs. Stabler Arena is a cost center and so is Grace Hall.

I run several small events on campus for alumni. Alumni Relations is given a budget. If I want to use a classroom, we are charged. If I want additional parking for attendees, we have to buy it from Admissions. Bus service, I suspect has their cost center.

So no, this probably has nothing to do with rich wrestling alumni, snowflakes or testosterone but if you want to believe that, go ahead.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:52 pm

I don't know if it is still the case, but when when I got My BS in Econ, all the professors of Economics and Finance, expet for the Europeans, like Finn Jenson and N Balapkins, had at least one degree from University of Chicago. Milton Friedman, and more importantly, Frank Knight. Could be the reason everything is set up as a profit center.
TMH

Post by TMH » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:59 pm

As I head out to tonight's match, I wonder how feasible it would be for ticketholders to return their tickets if they cannot make a match for a fee,, so that it could be resold. I suspect that there will be less than the 2/3 capacity for Navy actually showing up.

Just a thought.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:07 pm

So no, this probably has nothing to do with rich wrestling alumni, snowflakes or testosterone but if you want to believe that, go ahead.

>>>>>> Just my opinion but it didn't stop you from this smarmy reply.

The policy is ridiculous IMO.
TMH

Post by TMH » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:24 pm

LOL...smarmy like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I suppose. I simply pointed out how I believe the system works and discredited what others opined.

Truce
Lehighsam

Post by Lehighsam » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:45 pm

whiz wit wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:04 pm Lehigh Athletics has announced the following updated spectator policy for all home events, starting Friday, Jan 14, and will re-visit the capacity limits on Feb 1:
- Masks must be worn, covering the nose and mouth at all times, in all indoor spaces on the Lehigh campus at all times.
- N95 or KN95 masks are recommended.
-
It appears that Pat got an "exemption" for this rule if you are in Section 101 where most wrestling families and our wrestlers sit. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: